PCB Layers - price differentials

What are the typical price differentials between 2,4,6 and 8 layer boards?

Dirk

Reply to
Dirk Bruere at NeoPax

Hi

I haven't checked from 2 to 4 boards lately, but from 4 to 6 layers it is about 10% more expensive. Going from 35u to 70u layer stackup is about 5%.

The thing about 2-4 and 4-6 layers is that the EMC can possibly be greatly improved and sometimes the board can be shrinked relative to the price increase so that it really do not cost anything to go to more layers

Regards

Klaus

PS Be carefull with 70u, since the soldering quality can decrease due to problem with the stensil and etching

Reply to
Klaus Kragelund

Sounds like 6 layer might be the optimum for a high quality audio DSP board. That way I can get a separate analog power and ground.

--
Dirk

Remote Viewing classes in London
Reply to