PC104 to membrane keypad module

Hello,

I am trying to connect an 8x8 membrane keywitch to a PC/104 and I was just wondering if there is a module or software available that will allow me to quickly do this. I know I can do it with writting some software with a 16 I/O board but I wonder if there is something out there already.

Thanks Miguel

Reply to
TechGladiator

Most PC/104 CPU boards have a standard AT-keyboard port. The easiest way is to have your keypad emulate the AT keyboard. There are software kits available to run on an 8051-family processor that can be customized to match your keypad layout. There may even be ready-made modules that do this.

Marmot Engineering . . . . . . .  VHDL, ASICs, FPGAs, embedded systems
Vancouver, BC, Canada  . . . . . . . . . . . http://www.marmot-eng.com
Reply to
Tim Hubberstey

Blimey ! PC104 ? Been a while since I heard *that* phrase !

I was in there at the beginning - there are ( were ) numerous PC104 suppliers. Are you in contact with the PC104 group, whoever runs that now ?

I'm *sure* someone makes what you need btw. That's *exactly* the area that PC104 targeted.

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear