Part needed... where might I get it...

Thanks! ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

You may want to find a local metal fabricator and see if they'll make one for you

Reply to
bulegoge

Den torsdag den 16. november 2017 kl. 00.03.35 UTC+1 skrev Jim Thompson:

piece of metal, pipe, vise and hammer + 2 minutes

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

Those are Half clip cable clamps/

Cable-Clamps/id/818

M Philbrook

Looks trivial, you can make it yourself. Will take 5 minutes or so to cut a proper size rectangle from aluminum sheet and bend it over a suitable rod. Bend radius and metal thickness seem to be not critical so you can do it even with your bare hands...

Is it some kind of joke or what?

*  KSI@home    KOI8 Net  < >  The impossible we do immediately.  *
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Sergey Kubushyn

That may be my best solution... although I've been considering treating myself to this...

We boys can never have too many toys ;-) ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

No joke. G-job... limiting viewing angle of PIR detector ;-)

(Idea already tested with a piece of card stock.) ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

Easy way to make a sheet shape is with thermoforming in plastic; a sign shop would have the apparatus, and you can get reflective sheet goods (metallized plastic). It just takes a bit of trimming afterward. The form for this shape could just be a chunk of wood dowel.

Reply to
whit3rd

The 2.75 minimum width rules out most clamps, but couldn't you just use two clamps? Try looking up "2 hole pipe strap " at Lowes or Home Depot and see if you could not cut off one of the holes.

If you really want what you drew, I could make one for you. But you would need to specify the thickness of the material and the material. Thin aluminum will bend and not hold much.

Dan

Reply to
dcaster

On Wednesday, November 15, 2017 at 9:17:23 PM UTC-5, snipped-for-privacy@krl.org wrote: ns |

Hmmmm. I assumed there was a hole in the tab. Are you sure there is no hole?

Dan

Reply to
dcaster

Belongs in the cable clamp family; seen many made of plastic and some of iron steel. Browse thru Mouser.

Reply to
Robert Baer

...at $65/hr?

Reply to
Robert Baer

If it is to be made from aluminium you can probably get semi soft offcuts that will bend as required. If it needs to be thicker then annealing the metal to make it easier to bend will help a lot.

Stainless steel is much harder to work with and the burrs are sharp!

--
Regards,
Martin Brown

Needs to be mounted on a very solid bench. We use wing nuts and 5/3 bolts for holding down that sort of thing, it hides under a bench until we need the brake, then pull out and set up. It is very handy indeed.

John :-#)#

Reply to
John Robertson

Cut up a drink can with tough scissors... wear gardening gloves and/or be carful, dull the edges on a sharpening stone.

Personalhy I'd use some of the opaque acrylic sheet that I've got here, score and snap then soften over the toaster and form the radius on the vacuum cleaner pipe or some batteries etc.

Jasen Betts

Those who have the tools and know how to work metal don't deserve to make a living?

Reply to
krw