Part identification

Hi

I do really hope that at least one of the experts here is able to
identify this part:

<
http://www.bilder-hochladen.net/files/big/12b4-kl-0e23.jpg

My Far-East component tester delivers just one measurement result:
1194 ohms/408 mH between the two outer wires on the right side of the
component.

Any ideas? Many thanks in advance for your help.

Best regards

Reinhard

Re: Part identification

I'll take a guess that it's a relay:
RC: Relay Contact
1A: 1 form A
12: 12V

--Marc

Re: Part identification
Marc Guardiani schrieb:

[...]

Hi Marc

Bingo! It's obviously a reed relay. This resulted in a hefty slap
onto my forehead - I should have had that idea myself <sigh>.

[...]

To my surprise, the contact closes at about 2.2 V and without audible
click; instead, there is a click with opening.

As to the relay's dimensions: length = 27 mm/1.08 "
                              diameter = 11 mm/0.43 "

Many thanks to you and all the other supporters!

Best regards

Reinhard

Re: Part identification
   THAT is even more plausible and very likely.

Re: Part identification

reed relay

Re: Part identification
On Fri, 7 Jul 2017 15:58:06 +0200, Reinhard Zwirner

Maybe a reed relay.

lunatic fringe electronics

Re: Part identification

I thought the same. But I hesitated to post due to the high inductance
quoted.

Re: Part identification

Inductance measurements are often wrong. But then, 1200 ohms is a lot
of turns.

lunatic fringe electronics

Re: Part identification

Indeed. I did not try to dig into some analysis, but it seemed to me
that it is not easy to create a half-henry solenoid with only a reed in
the center. I must be wrong.

In any case it appears that a couple of more tests are needed to verify.
My suggestion would be to apply a variable lab power supply and increase
the voltage between the outside leads with an ohmmeter on the other two
wires.

Might also place a strong magnet near the device and check continuity.

Re: Part identification

If it is 12V coil that's and 120mW coil dissipation.
Couple of dozen 12V/1Kohm reeds listed on Mouser.

--
Chisolm
Republic of Texas

Re: Part identification

1.2K is a lot of really fine wire.

Re: Part identification

I am sure that this is a reed relay. We just moved so I can't find my
1960s industrial catalogs for the specs though Marc's suggestions for
the ratings is probable. Dimensions would help.

Swinging a magnet near it will show if the contacts close (the middle
wires of the three and the single wire other end), and slowly dial it up
from around 4VDC to see where it trips.

Checking a few of my old reed relays (we fix old arcade games), 5V
relays are roughly 300 to 500R, 24V relays are around 2K, and 12V around
1K. Some of the smallish ones (about 1 inch long) are rated at 1A too.

John :-#)#

                      John's Jukes Ltd.
Re: Part identification
   My best guess:
   Looks seems to indicate a HV flyback, added to measurement to
indicate built-in rectifying diode to output (left side).

Site Timeline