part identification

[Sorry for asking this here at .design, but .parts and .components hardly carry traffic]

I have a few rails of unidentified soic-8's with only "501" and on the second line "115" on them. Nothing else, no logo, no nothing. I know which kind of product they were used in, so if more than one part would fit the bill, I'd probably be able to tell which one it is. Oh yes, and they're black! :-) Ideaz anyone? TIA Steven

Reply to
sv07171024

You know what kind of product... OK...

Do you know WHERE in the product they were used? It could be an op amp, or it could be a ROM chip.

One cannot tell without at least looking at where it is on an assembly and examining some of the connected circuitry.

Reply to
Capt. Cave Man

I know what kind of product, not a specific product, let alone that I would have schematics or an assy. The company I got the parts from (100 something) is so badly organized that they most of the time don't know their own stuff. I was hoping someone has access to a database which also lists device markings.

It's not a ROM. Could be an opamp, or line driver,...

Reply to
sv07171024