Part ID?

18-pin DIP marked... 31199A R M 9603CDW ^ ^--- Looks like an upside-down "W"... maybe Microchip ?? ...Jim Thompson

SPI EEPROM?

Reply to
David Eather

That's what I'm trying to determine... it's in a Genie Garage Door Safety Sensor. I suspect some kind of timer. ...Jim Thompson

Other logo options - including extinct and ridiculous

Aromat Corp In-Phase Electronics Marvell Technology Group Meret Inc MicroChip Technology Micro Power Systems Micross Components Motorola Seiko Epson

Marki Microwave MicroClock Micronix Integrated Systems Inc

RL

Reply to
legg

Likely a custom designed part made specifically for Genie, sold to no one else, and marked per Genie's drawing. Art

Reply to
Artemus

According to aftermarket hyenas, Motorola seems to have made something with this number (31199A)in 18dip, and Freescale likewise in 22pin QFN.

This, however could simply be a robotic reaction to recent net searches for the terms motorola, freescale, 31199A and package sizes..........

No electronic format info though. A tricky time for new products (96?). Couldn't have been commercial with that number though...could it?

RL

Reply to
legg

RayMing ? They used to make remote control decoders, like the RE-99. I see there is a

for pcbs. I can't find anything else. Maybe a Holtek device? The timing seems compatible with the old remote encoders.

Martin Riddle

=A0 =A0 ...Jim Thompson

=A0 =A0| =A0 =A0mens =A0 =A0 |

=A0 | =A0 =A0 et =A0 =A0 =A0|

=A0|

=A0 =A0 =A0 |

Probably Micrel. They made a lot of garage door opener parts - mostly custom stuff you won't find online.

Reply to
mpm

=A0 =A0 ...Jim Thompson

=A0 =A0| =A0 =A0mens =A0 =A0 |