Part help -- looks like ribbon cable but not

I've bought a part in the past and certainly they're still around but don't know what the hell to call it -- got them from digi key (called them already).

Ok -- it looks like flat ribbon cable -- but SOLID, not stranded and there are tinned leads on BOTH sides of the cable. I call them jumpers and they're avaliable (or were) in a variety of conductors and lengths. Everybody carried them.

They're used to interconnect PCBS (through hole solder) or even headers possibly because they're .100 on center.

Don't know what to call them and spent an hour on the DK and Mouser sites -- any help? --thanks

Mine were also black with a polarization stripe -- like I say 2 to 20 conductors and you could get a 2" long if you wanted it.

Reply to
mkr5000

found it -- molex part -- always solve my issue after POSTING ??

Reply to
mkr5000

THOUGHT I found it -- still don't know.

Reply to
mkr5000

Solid ribbon wire?

See page J5 Type D

Martin Riddle

FFC/FCP cables

Chisolm
Republic of Texas
Reply to
Joe Chisolm

Son, what you need is a distributor's catalogue. ;)

Newark still prints one of those big doorstops, and it's sometimes invaluable. When you don't know the right name is one of those times.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

found them ! -- guy from digi key tracked them down -- actually tinned stranded -- not solid

mkr5000

don't know what the hell to call it -- got them from digi key (called them already).

here are tinned leads on BOTH sides of the cable. I call them jumpers and t hey're avaliable (or were) in a variety of conductors and lengths. Everybod y carried them.

s possibly because they're .100 on center.

tes -- any help? --thanks

conductors and you could get a 2" long if you wanted it.

googles image search can also be helpful

-Lasse

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen