pads changing size in gEDA PCB

It seems that sometimes when I do a `Move selected Elements to the other Side' in pcb-lesstif the pads will change size. It's transient tho'. Rotating resolves the issue as does saving and reloading. Just moving around does not.

It does show up in the export:

Might there be something wrong in the setup/cfgfile? (units?) or is it the footprint? (it was written in a text editor)

footprint:

looking at the .pcb file something seems to have happened to the coordinates... not sure if it's the cause...

Johann Klammer

Your question was posted by me to the snipped-for-privacy@delorie.com mail list. Let's see what they think.

Thank you,

--
Don Kuenz KB7RPU
Reply to

Hi Johann,

I see this in both the GTK and the Lesstif GUI with pcb HEAD (from the git repository) happening with the files you provided.

Will look into this in the next week when I have some free cycles for pcb development.

Thanks for the report.

Kind regards,

Bert Timmerman.

Reply to
Bert Timmerman

Hello,

here's a patch:

Reply to
Johann Klammer

(I've just copied over a passage from the yacc file) The actual bug might be in SetPadBoundingBox in misc.c. (but if they enforce this sorting invariant on loading, is it maybe used elsewhere?)

Reply to
Johann Klammer

nah, it was CreateNewPad() in create.c

No.. wrong guess... try this one: