pad2pad not quite ready for prime time

pad2pad appears to be trying to compete with ExpressCPB.

Their software has a lot more features and the boards have more options.

Unfortunately (1) the software is very buggy when run under XP (2) it doesn't work at all under wine

We know that all well written windows programs will work under wine[1] so it must not be a well written program.

[1] See LTspice for an example.

We can expect ExpressPCB to react to this so we can expect them to add ratsnest and some sort of DRC.

For prototypes autoroute isn't all that needed.

Reply to
MooseFET

Let's hear it for Mike. (This is actually one pretty good test for code quality.)

...and you left out (3) has its own learning curve (4) still doesn't produce Gerbers.

...and still won't produce Gerbers either.

Reply to
JeffM

bodiic had written this in response to

:

MooseFET wrote: (1) the software is very buggy when run under XP

What bugs did you find? Are they critical?

Electronics Enthusiasts' Community of the Net Web and RSS access to your favorite newsgroup - sci.electronics.design - 384847 messages and counting! ##-----------------------------------------------##

Reply to
bodiic

MooseFET is not a reliable source of any kind of information :-) ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature