Overvoltage on transformer secondary

Oh, I wanted to curl up with B. Pease (and others) in bed and read them as I go to sleep. I might even walk around and read one. (You'll find me with my nose in a book, more often than not.)

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

There's similar trickery used in magnetic chucks, so they respond to switching OFF by releasing their cargo promptly.

Reply to
whit3rd

I've seen it happen, big voltage spikes when a sine wave drove a saturating inductor.

lunatic fringe electronics

What kind of news client do you have that can pick up a post two and a half months old?

Reply to
Steve Wilson

What client do you have that can't access a few years' worth of Usenet?

lunatic fringe electronics

That kinda defines how to make a flux gate magnetometer. Going one way (out I think) is bigger cause of the dL/dt term.

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

I can go back hundreds of thousands of posts. It's picking the desired one that is the problem.

Reply to
Steve Wilson

It's only a newsgroup. It doesn't matter.

lunatic fringe electronics

Are you on your period all the time, or only on days ending in "Y"?

Reply to
Steve Wilson

Try turning on threading. In Thunderbird, Nov 27 is only four or five screenfuls back.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

http://electrooptical.net
https://hobbs-eo.com
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

It's interesting how many guys really don't like women, and use feminine anatomical references as insults.

lunatic fringe electronics

As long as the news PROVIDER (the folks you get your news from)has that level of retention on their servers it is no problem.

Your news client (the app you read your news with)is able to pick up whatever is on the server at the time it makes the query.

You can search google groups and find news artiles years old.

Reply to
Long Hair

Thanks. I use Xnews which runs on XP. It does threading but the search capabilities are pretty dismal. I have to scan through each post to try to find the one I need.

It used to have a very valuable function that stored the post number when you saved a post for reference. This made it trivial to respond to a post no matter how old. But it stopped saving the number some time ago which is a real pain.

There are several web-based newsreaders such as

The top one is best for searches, but it often is hit or miss when looking for a specific post.

So for the time being, I try to confine myself to replying to posts no more than a month or so old. Maybe it's time to take another look at Thunderbird, if it runs on XP.

Reply to
Steve Wilson

Don't be a jerk, John. Maybe your life might improve.

Reply to
Steve Wilson

Plonk. ...Jim Thompson

     It's what you learn, after you know it all, that counts.

I was talking about inductors and newsgroups. You forked to personal insults.

lunatic fringe electronics

The sure sign that an argument has been lost. :-D

Cursitor Doom

One doesn't lose a argument with John Larkin. He realises that persisting wouldn't show him in a good light, and starts asking if you have designed any exciting electronics recently.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

Heheh... good one.

Reply to
Long Hair

I asked you a civil question, and you began the runaround.

You are running Forte Agent 1.91/32.564. Why couldn't you have said so, instead of acting like a jerk.

And now you are trying to blame me, when the entire set of posts is available above!

John, I have helped you many times in the past. For example, remember TCalc? You said it helped you.

And I could have helped you many times since. But I refrain from doing so.

Because you are a jerk.

Reply to
Steve Wilson