Out-of-tolerance zero ohm resistors - Page 7

Re: Out-of-tolerance zero ohm resistors

Looks like you've caught 'em.  Further, it looks like the best Siemens are
solid copper--beware the copperplate!

Cheers,
James Arthur

Re: Out-of-tolerance zero ohm resistors

Mhos are cheaper and work just as well.

Re: Out-of-tolerance zero ohm resistors
Except that they aren't ROHS.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

Siemens may be, but they might not meet with biohazard safety rules.

Tim

--
Seven Transistor Labs, LLC
Re: Out-of-tolerance zero ohm resistors

Are you sure you haven't got that backwards?

Cheers,
James

Re: Out-of-tolerance zero ohm resistors

Check this out.  I found an online calculator to help convert between
the two.  Pretty cool, eh?

--

Rick

Re: Out-of-tolerance zero ohm resistors

Opps, forgot the link...

http://www.convertunits.com/from/mho/to/siemens

--

Rick

Re: Out-of-tolerance zero ohm resistors

<pasting two posts>

the two.  Pretty cool, eh?

Now that's handy!  Now if they only had a calculator for going the other way...

Cheers,
James Arthur

Re: Out-of-tolerance zero ohm resistors

lol

--

Rick

Re: Out-of-tolerance zero ohm resistors

This is pretty good,

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/53724080/SED/CONVERT1.GIF

but I wish it had higher resolution.

Re: Out-of-tolerance zero ohm resistors
On Mon, 1 Jun 2015 14:55:01 -0700 (PDT), snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com

Oops, sorry, I meant smho, the plural of mho.

Re: Out-of-tolerance zero ohm resistors

Are we heading back to the schmoo thing again?

--

Rick

Re: Out-of-tolerance zero ohm resistors

Well, we've got enough schmos around here as it is. ;)

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

Re: Out-of-tolerance zero ohm resistors
Gave us:

  I like Scmoo Gold.  Made by Belgian monks...

Re: Out-of-tolerance zero ohm resistors
On Mon, 01 Jun 2015 22:27:21 -0400, DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Those Belgian monks don't seem to have time for praying. All they do
is make beer.

picosecond timing   laser drivers and controllers

Re: Out-of-tolerance zero ohm resistors
On Mon, 01 Jun 2015 19:41:03 -0700, John Larkin

  Ale.  I'm an Ale-ion.

  It was supposed to read schmoo..  A play on Chimay.

Re: Out-of-tolerance zero ohm resistors

That _is_ praying - to the god of hop.

--
Reinhardt

Re: Out-of-tolerance zero ohm resistors
Gave us:

  They do not make beer.  They make ale!

  When you see the bubbles both rising and falling in the glass, you
know you are partaking in a blessed liquid.  Ale-ion motion.

Re: Out-of-tolerance zero ohm resistors
On Wed, 03 Jun 2015 01:40:11 -0400, DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

We use to drink Krait, which was a champagne beer. It was champagne,
made by the classic process, but they started with beer instead of
wine. It was great. But we haven't seen it around lately.

picosecond timing   laser drivers and controllers

Re: Out-of-tolerance zero ohm resistors

There are a lot of nice "Belgian style" Abbey Ales around.
They add more sugar (or something) and do a second (or third)
fermentation in the bottle.  That gives it a lot of CO2 bubbles.
And a "pop" when you release the cork.
My wife and I always have one on New Year's Eve..
we don't like champagne.

George H.