OT: You couldn't make this sh1t up!

MSNBC anchor Mika Brzezinski boldly declared that it?s the *media?s* job to ?control exactly what people think? during an on-air discussion about President Donald Trump.

bit of a slip-up there huh? lol! :-D

Reply to
Julian Barnes

?s* job

iscussion about

The contrast is between a lying egomaniac trying to control what people thi nk, and the job of a disinterested media whose task is supplying reliable i nformation to provide a basis on which people can make up their own minds.

Julian Barnes is definitely in the lying egomaniac controller quadrant, and he clearly resents anybody claiming the sort of influence he aspires to.

He's blind to that fact that the sort of misinformation he has delivered ha s destroyed any chance that he will be seen as a credible source. Trump is rapidly vanishing down the same plug-hole.

None of Trump's cabinet is even faintly credible at the moment. Every sensi ble thing they say is devalued by the reality that Trump could unsay it tom orrow.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

A rare admission indeed! I'm so glad I don't watch or read ANY mainstream news from whatever source. Once you notice it doesn't chime in with your own personal observations and life experience it becomes clear there's some agenda being pursued here and I for one at least don't want my reasoning subverted by these creeps and above all I certainly do *not* want them controlling what I think!! After all, who wants to end up a mind-controlled automaton endlessly parroting the Establishment line like Bill Sloman?

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

Good grief, is he still doing that?

lunatic fringe electronics
 Click to see the full signature

'fraid so. It's all he *ever* does!

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

Which is why I don't read his posts.

If he ever says anything interesting about electronics, somebody please alert me. Old Cambridge Instruments failed designs, or rants about the virtues of custom magnetics, don't count.

lunatic fringe electronics
 Click to see the full signature

How about an oscillator design that's so complicated that it takes decades to complete?

Reply to
krw

Oh, that one. The one that, inexplicably, doesn't squegg when it doesn't oscillate.

Even ranting about Sloman's failures is boring.

Given tolerable health and mental facilities, there are a hundred lifetimes of cool electronics things to play with. I wonder why he gave up.

OK, back to Spicing that weird EUV photodetector...

lunatic fringe electronics
 Click to see the full signature

You want to detect photo's????? Shhhhhhh........

Reply to
Sjouke Burry

ia?s* job

discussion about

As if Cursitor Doom had any thought of his own.

oting > the Establishment line like Bill Sloman?

Clearly, Cursitor Doom's idea of what the establishment line might be is ra ther superficial, like most of his opinions.

The propostion that the establishment has a single line is a trifle unreali stic.

The fossil carbon extraction industry is definitely part of the establsihem ent, and they spend quite a lot of money trying to brainwash the population into believing that anthropogenic global warming isn't happening. The rest of the stablishment doesn't buy it.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

dia?s* job

r discussion about

There you go. John Larkin complains that I'm not pushing his establishments line.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

As I seem to have mentioned elsewhere, Cursitor Doom has a very narrow range of interests, and doesn't notice anthing that doesn't directly address them.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

Not actually true. John Larkin's problem is that I don't share his high opi nion of John Larkin, and he doesn't appreciate being labelled a gullible su cker whenever he posts a link to denialist web-site.

The Cambridge Instruments designs didn't fail, but marketing didn't do as m uch with them as they might of.

John Larkin is proud of being able to use ECLinPs properly, but we were usi ng Gigabit Logics' GaAs parts to get the same sort of speed back in 1990 at Cambridge Instuments. I didn't get to use ECLinPs until about 1997 at Nijm egen University, but it worked fine for me then - and for the Electron Spin Resonance guys that used the upgraded gear.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

Baxandall's class-D oscillator can squegg when built with bipolar transisto rs, but not - it seems - with power MOSFETs. The "squegging" seems to have been due to some weird mode of inverted transistor operation which isn't ca pture by the Gummel-Poon model. LTSpice will also run the VBIC model, but the semiconduc tor companies treat the parameters for VBIC model as trade secrets.

The current version of the low distorion oscillator isn't acutally any kind of Baxandall class-D oscillator, but John Larkin is - unsurprisingly - not actually interested in what might be going on, and mines his imperfect com prehension for some slightly comical attempted abuse.

It gets less boring if you know a bit more about them.

Particulary if you spend most of your time on projects that take two weeks to wrap up. Strictly speaking, I haven't given up, but my chance of getting any of the jobs I apply for is poor. I did get my first job interview in t en years a few months ago, but I didn't get that job either.

Better to subcontract the job to Phil Hobbs.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

Find me a customer, and it will turn into a printed circuit board quite rapidly.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to