OT: Yee! Haa!

ROTFLMAO >:-} ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

Quote ... "begun a feverish attempt to copy reams of government data onto independent servers".

Didn't we just have several major booboos plus to some extent a lost campaign because of "independent sevrers"? Will people ever learn?

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

I am hoping that Trump will institute a major blood-letting. This leftist crap _must_ stop.

Wholesale firings are in order. And those playing the game of dropping from bureaucrat to civil "servant" to avoid firing should be arrested. ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

How about this one? Same source...

It appears obvious that a number of things were done to help insure Trump's 'victory'...not to mention the last minute action of the FBI 'reopening the investigation' of Hillary a week before the election with the final result of a 'no go' only days before the election. I see that as obvious interference in the US electoral process by the head of the FBI. Most countries are shocked, you guys think it is business as usual.

Empires in decline are like that - they have lost their moral compass and only believe in double-think.

Trump surrogate Scottie Neil Hughes says "There's no such thing as facts"

And you guys had such great potential...

John

Reply to
John Robertson

Yeah, when my boss talks about purges and "blood lettings" I'm sure I'm gonna be first in line to show up for the completely honest and sensible performance evaluation, lol.

"Why won't you get on the list if you have nothing to hide? I mean we're going to purge you no matter what but can't you get on the list to help us out a bit?"

Lol

Reply to
bitrex

Maybe they want to get it out there for intelligent people somewhere other than here to look at?

"And, the fact that scientists have 'begun a feverish attempt to copy reams of government data onto independent servers' because they are worried about being denied ?irreplaceable public data? also seems just a little paranoid and adds to the intrigue."

Yup, distributing the data publicly seems like a great idea. It's not big surprise that Trump supporters would imagine this to be evidence they had something to hide.

Reply to
bitrex

I once requested some data which could have been simply emailed over. It was refused, along the lines of that this is "for experts only". That eroded my trust in such "data", big time.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

That looks to me to just be "posturing" BS.

Did the hackers do anything besides release E-mails that were "leaked" courtesy of John Podesta's clueless falling for phishing?

...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

Apparently the dems were warned by the FBI that their servers had a security issue but decided to do ... more or less shrug it off.

So they should stop whining, fess up to the fact that is was their own mistake and fix it, put procedures in place to avoid a repetition.

[...]
--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

Data from whom?

Yeah, I suppose I'd be rather annoyed if I were a climate change scientist and had to respond to requests every five minutes from denialists to scrape and pour through some data I had that they are, indeed, not qualified to analyze to find some "evidence" that I was manipulating it for some purpose or other.

I'd have no doubt that they'd "find" whatever they were looking for as the conclusion is ideological and foregone anyway. so why even bother.

The fact is that nobody really cares if Mr. Joerg finds the data to be worthwhile or not. If I were an astrophysicist and I kept getting requests from some rando engineer outside the field wondering if I wasn't fudging the numbers to make it look like the Andromeda galaxy wasn't made of green cheese when it actually was I'd likely tell them to f*ck off as well.

Reply to
bitrex

A taxpayer-funded research group in Colorado. I have taxpayer-status and, therefore, such data shall be open. If it isn't then that is suspicious.

That sort of attitude causes elections to be lost. We have just witnessed one.

Or call them a deplorable, right?

They should keep the data on a public server. Then no requests ever have to be answered. It's that simple.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

Yeah, the whole article is contorted to fit a slant. Note, however, that a Canadian administration that was intolerant of data managed to ruin public records so badly that there was a census with ~50% participation, and a disturbing loss of official fisheries (and other) historic data.

DT is such a dark horse that he inspires rumors. Reactions are not limited to 'Democrats' or 'scientists' or any other group. Being uninformed, such actions will span a wide range (but don't ridicule them, they MIGHT be our salvation).

Reply to
whit3rd

That's why I was hoping for civil war... round up bitrex and his ilk and send them to re-education camps >:-} ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

Yup. Apparently a hacking attempt was made on the RNC servers, but failed, because RNC had tight security, and they reported the attempt to the FBI.

Hillary-ous was so concerned about her graft being exposed that it took precedence over getting the FBI involved. ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

Here's an interesting point of view...

Republican Rep. Dana Rohrabacher said Thursday that it was "terrific" that voters got more truthful information about Hillary Clinton's presidential campaign, regardless of whether the hackers were Russian. "The hackers, whether or not they're Russian hackers, I don't know," the California congressman said. "I know the CIA and the FBI disagree as to who the hackers are. But whether they're Russian hackers or any other hackers, the only information that we were getting from hackers was accurate information, was truthful. And that's not gonna turn the tide. If the American people have been given more truthful information, that's terrific." ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

There have been a decent number of Republican candidates who have lost elections in the past 30 years as well, and I'm pretty sure when those campaigns sat down to do a post-mortem the last thing on their minds was "Gosh, you know, I wonder if there was any way we could've appealed to liberal voters more. I see, I see now the error of our ways..."

It is true that in general I'd pretty much prefer to ignore Conservatives and whatever it is they want or demand, and I imagine they'd feel the same about me. Well, that or shoot me as that seems to be a fairly popular fantasy.

I imagine it's certainly consistently frustrating to both sides that we even have to vote for the same President; much of of the thrill of Trump's election among his supporters seems to be more along the lines of schadenfruede, the hope that Trump will somehow be able to punish all the enemies, rather than do much for America directly.

The beatings will continue until morale improves. It's a big of a toxic

Reply to
bitrex

That's SO naiive! The 'apparently' relates to the volition of some bureaucrat in Russia, who decides what gets leaked. There's no reason to believe that RNC had tight security unless you know about ALL hacking attempts and not just 'a hacking attempt'.

Reply to
whit3rd

Hey dumb shit (and I'm being polite), the hack attempt was logged and reported to the FBI. whit3rd, you are a royal f*ck-ass useless piece-a-shit. Get lost. ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

Well, the Russians need it.

It's interesting that the new President, their upcoming boss, is asking a government agency what they are doing, and they refuse to tell him. This will be fun.

lunatic fringe electronics
 Click to see the full signature

The giant moral failing was not prosecuting Hillary. Lots of little people have gone to prison for much less.

Maybe some day someone will write a book and tell us what actually happened.