OT: Wouldn't sell for $100K in AZ

Or figure out a way to move land. A forty acre lot across the street here just sold for $40,000 an acre. If I could move it to Silicon Valley , I could sell that for millions per acre.

Dan

Reply to
dcaster

Come on! Moving the land is trivial, compared to getting the permits.

Reply to
krw

The Dutch have been making land for a long time...

John

Reply to
John Robertson

The Chinese are making islands, but only recently.

Dan

Reply to
dcaster

A better hustle is what some people in the software field figured out years ago: create a virtual world where you can dress you character in fancy virtual clothing and buy fancy virtual goods and enormous plots of virtual real-estate to build virtual castles on for doing the equivalent of work, like beating up 20 virtual monsters with a virtual sword in an afternoon for a thousand virtual gold pieces.

You then call that environment a "game" and charge people a monthly fee to "play" it. If the "game" gets popular enough sometimes people are willing to buy virtual land for large amounts of real dollars.

Reply to
bitrex

EA just turned off in game purchases in their new Star wars game because they got some much bad publicity (and possibly a call from Disney the owner of Star wars) for being too greedy

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

[snip]

qui tacet consentire videtur, n'est c'est pas? ...Jim Thompson

     It's what you learn, after you know it all, that counts.

What?

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

It's a standard legal tenet dating back many centuries meaning "he who is silent is taken to agree" or "silence implies/means consent").

So, in the legal sense, your not voting means you condone the actions of the "government" of Californica.

Excuse me that I mixed Latin and French and confused you. I forgot your lack of general education >:-} ...Jim Thompson

     It's what you learn, after you know it all, that counts.

Or he knows that his vote in a sea of illegals won't matter spit.

Reply to
krw

How much per acre, minus the missile silos?

Reply to
Bill Martin

Nonsense.

And for a while I forgot your ass-holiness.

lunatic fringe electronics

When has one vote ever swayed a state-wide election?

Besides, I have no desire to influence the lives of strangers. I accept the rules as-is, and play the game.

lunatic fringe electronics

[from a side branch]

WTF?

Jasen Betts

You can lease first or second floor former mill space in Providence, zoned for light industrial with a freight elevator and power/utilities connected for literally $4/square foot last I looked.

My girlfriend rents the entire living room/den/kitchen/dining room/2 bedroom/1.5 bath first floor of a 2 unit apartment made from what was a

1930s single-family home for $1000/month, recently renovated with new hardwood floors, modern appliances, all that stuff. 1 mile from downtown.

Some tech companies seem to have noticed and have set up shop over the past decade, so it's not uncommon to drive past a renovated loft-condo complex with four Maseratis parked in the lot into a seedy-looking neighborhood with a half-dozen boarded up homes in the span of about a quarter mile

Reply to
bitrex

Right, so no one should vote. It doesn't matter anyway.

Dictatorships are so much fun.

Reply to
krw

But the location sucks.

Reply to
krw

I don't mind if you vote. And I'll accept the result of an election in which you do vote. That should make you happy.

It would be useless for me to vote in California. Tedious, too.

--

John Larkin   Highland Technology, Inc   trk

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Silly.

That was my point, above.