OT: winmail.dat

Seems we discussed this a few years ago, and I can't remember the solution...

I'm getting E-mail from a client with attachments "winmail.dat"

How do I view them? ...Jim Thompson

| 1962 |

Thinking outside the box... producing elegant solutions.

winmail.dat is an attachment packaged as TNEF:

Outlook sends them, so either (in decreasing order of preference): (a) get you correspondent to disable that and send again (b) use the open source software (e.g. 1) to unpack them or (c) use Outlook

Clifford Heath.

(1)

Clifford Heath

What email client?

There is a plug in for Thunderbird that opens them. I think its called "lookout".

Reply to
BM2335

The solution is to get the sender to re-send the email without using rich text format (RTF). There is nothing that can be done in Eudora to solve the problem. (I also still use Eudora.)

As Jim probably has me filtered because I use google groups, would somebody please be kind enough to forward this to him.

John

Reply to
jrwalliker

TNEF is the magic word. there's several tools. pick one.

Jasen Betts

.
Reply to
BM2335

Fentun at

It was written in the 90's but it works and doesn't need installation.

Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

Does it actually do Win7> The website implies NO, but the author's E-mail bounces. ...Jim Thompson

     Thinking outside the box... producing elegant solutions.

There's an app for that:

Or read it online (if you don't care about who's reading your email attachments):

--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com

I haven't needed to use it under 7, but it is a 32 bit app.

Reply to
Tom Del Rosso