OT: Whatever happened to Global Warming?

Maybe these guys killed it:

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

The hot issue of global warming cooled off due to lack of interest?

Reply to
Robert Baer

?

It's more that we haven't had an extreme weather in the last few days. Global warming is all about slow increass in average temperatures, but journalists only seem to want to talk about it after low-frequency extreme weather events.

If the Greenland ice-sheet starts sliding off into the sea even faster than it is at the moment we may get a revival of interest, too late to do anything about it.

Cassandra's curse seems to have struck again.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

Rich Grise wrote in news:il4vgr$10c$ snipped-for-privacy@news.eternal-september.org:

People are either busy building their bunkers or are hunkered down in them waiting for the end.

I myself just ventured out today and was suprisied that lake superior didnt swamp my house. Christ if we dont all die soon what the f*ck am I going to do with a 5 year supply of spam.

I dont know how the end will come climate change or a super erruption from a volcano or an asteroid hit, we definetly cant forget about the Aztec calender. No doubt about it the end is near.

All I can say is make your peace with God and dig your bunker deep mine is. A&P has a sale on spam I've got to go,I'll report back in 5 days if you dont hear from me I guess the doom sayers were right.

My God I just read Slowmans post apparently an Ice shelf is going to fall in the ocean and kill us all. I'll move my boat in with me justt in case. I have to go fill sand bags.

God be with you

Reply to
Hammy

I like that...

"...everyone in South Park tackles priority number one: Who is to blame?"

Must be taking lessons from Obama ?:-)

That'd be a good thing... most inhabitants of shorelines seem to be leftists for some reason. (Maybe they just crawled out of the ocean as their first evolutionary phase?) ...Jim Thompson

Donate it to a food bank.

--
You can't fix stupid. You can't even put a Band-Aid? on it, because it's
Teflon coated.

Some are headed the other drection. Like dimbulb.

--
You can't fix stupid. You can't even put a Band-Aid? on it, because it's
Teflon coated.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

rnal-september.org:

More likely just slide sedately into the sea over a century or two, and flood the port areas of all our more expensive cities. I'd be surprised if it killed anybody, apart from people who'd just invested in expensive shore-front property, whose business partners could be expected to become a little exasperated.

Sounds like a harmless activity.

And with every other suffer from anxiety coupled with poor reading comprehension.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

Just don't buy a house on the coast or flood plane. Ideally, a few hundred feet asl on the side of or top of a hill.

Climate change may or may not be coming, but global warming has currently tossed all his toys out of the cot and is huddled in a corner under a warm blanket :-)...

Regards,

Chris

Reply to
ChrisQ

Yep, That's where I live, up the hill ;-)

I'm enjoying it. Every afternoon it gets warm enough that I have to open some windows and vent the house...

84°F Tomorrow :-) ...Jim Thompson

=A0 =A0 =A0 ...Jim Thompson

You can take the hill-billy out of the Appalachians, but you can't take Appalachians out of the hill-billy. Jim Thompson can only feel at home in some culturally deprived up-land area like his ancestral Appalachians, or the geologically related Ozarks.

=A0 =A0 Another couple of decades - if Jim lasts that long, which seems unlikely - may icrease the warmth to a degree which might tax his enthusiasm.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

"The events predicted for 2012 by the ancient Maya are not substantially different than those predicted by sages throughout the millennia. Christian, Muslim, Jewish, Hindu, Buddhist and other seers have predicted similar events marking 'the end of time.' And the Maya are only one of many indigenous cultures that have spoken of their deeply held vision for the events near and immediately after the end of time." ---

So vote Ron Paul!

Hope This Helps! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Don't forget to report back in August. ;-)

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Yeah, if. And if it doesn't, and we still find ourselves in bondage to the government-powered zealots, then what?

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

You can take the hill-billy out of the Appalachians, but you can't take Appalachians out of the hill-billy. Jim Thompson can only feel at home in some culturally deprived up-land area like his ancestral Appalachians, or the geologically related Ozarks.

Another couple of decades - if Jim lasts that long, which seems unlikely - may icrease the warmth to a degree which might tax his enthusiasm.

Yeah, its GOT to be AGW if Greenland's icesheets fall off...it has nothing to do with the fact that glaciers are always moving toward lower elevation or the fact that a buried volcano might melt enough of the underside of a glacier to speed the process along.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Jon

More likely just slide sedately into the sea over a century or two, and flood the port areas of all our more expensive cities. I'd be surprised if it killed anybody, apart from people who'd just invested in expensive shore-front property, whose business partners could be expected to become a little exasperated.

Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Oh, like Gore? That tubby would float along like a cork.

Jon

Rich Grise wrote in news:il8v7f$fd4$ snipped-for-privacy@news.eternal-september.org:

[snip]

Comming to you live from my bunker..........

You forgot Al Gore!He is seeing his bank account grow exponentially thanks to gullibile idiots. I guess that makes him the ultimate seer or ultimate something anyway.

If anybody wants plans and tips for how to build a doomsday bunker I'll sell them to you cheap.

This ones free..

Dig at night and dig deep dont let the neighbors see you or the bastards will want in when the inevitable happens.

If he has nice looking daughters let them in though. The species has to be re-populate.

Reply to
Hammy

We were just discussing chaos theory and Al Gore's swing vote to subsidize turning corn into ethanol. One of the guys up here is a farmer, and he says that farmers are planting more corn and less wheat, because they make more money on the corn.

So, the price of bread goes up in Egypt. More people starve in Africa. In casting that one vote, Al changed a lot of things. Dan is calling him Mao ZeGore, because he may wind up killing more people than the Great Chairman. If he hasn't already.

John

And a lot of engines are damaged by high levels of Ethanol.

--
You can't fix stupid. You can't even put a Band-Aid? on it, because it's
Teflon coated.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

There you go Rich. That you are too brain-damaged to hold a belief because it conforms to external evidence isn't actually evidence that the rest of the workd is similarly crippled.

Many of the peolpe who accept the evidence supporting the existence of anhtropogenic global warming do so out of rational conviction, rather than blind faith.

As for being in bondage - your liberterian delusions are equally ill- founded.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman