OT: whacky Californica (again)

Where will it ever end?

Cursitor Doom

Not until the State of Jefferson is reality, then we'd be rid of leftist loonies near the coast :-)

Next thing the bureaucrats might do is force a danger warning on bottles of dihydrogen monoxide because it has killed numerous people.

My respect for bureaucrats, councils and all that is very close to zero.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

Lasse Langwadt Christensen

There are signs like that all over the place. Nobody pays them any attention.

Oops, the kettle is boiling.... gotta make a pot of Peets.

lunatic fringe electronics

Coincidence(?): The maid has just handed me my 9:00 pm coffee. No kidding. I have coffee or tea right after supper, another around

9 pm, then she goes to bed after leaving me another couple of cups in a thermos flask. My nightly routine for at least 20 years now.
Reply to
Pimpom

No, no, no. If California is going to go, they have to take SF and LA with them. If it includes the entire state, OR, and WA, so be it.

I'm surprised it hasn't already happened.

...and Californians who put up with it.

Reply to
krw

Hydric acid? I thought it would be more properly be called hydrogen-hydroxide. Sounds really bad too.

Reply to
krw

When I was a lot younger, I could have a double expresso after dinner and sleep like a babe. But now, for some reason, coffee later in the day gives me jitters, and disturbs my sleep. Sleep is too important to mess with.

Sounds like you are a coffee addict. That's rational.

There is a theory that europe was a sleepy, not very productive place until tea, coffee, chocolate, and sugar were imported in mass. Coffeehouses were where different classes met and exchanged ideas.

lunatic fringe electronics

My cardiologist told me *no* caffeine, over ten years ago. I haven't (knowingly) had caffeinated coffee since.

It's a pretty popular addiction.

Reply to
krw

his colleague Paul Erd?s did coffee and amphetamines

but I guess that is also what they give kids with ADHD

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

The idea is to have a new state that does not include SF and LA.

When it comes to government overreach most folks here behave like sheep.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

I can *guarantee* you the coffee houses of 17th C. Europe were not the places "where different classes met and exchanged ideas." You've been watching too much CNN bullshit.

Cursitor Doom

turies#%27Rules%27

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

I suppose you were there.

You've been

What is a CNN?

--

John Larkin   Highland Technology, Inc   trk

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

No, no, no. The idea is to have another _country_ that does! (OR and WA, too)

Reply to
krw

Where's that much-anticipated earthquake when you need it? ;->

Cursitor Doom

Oh yeah, Wikipedia. Seriously I prefer to derive my picture of 17thC. coffee houses (and other matters of that day) from the rich descriptions and observations made by Pepys in his exceedingly voluminous diary.

Cursitor Doom

John Larkin   Highland Technology, Inc   trk

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Why not read the original, instead of various psuedonymous 'critics'' biased observations of same on the net? There's a shorter version available for busy people that runs to less than 1,200 pages. This is the one I have:

And I can heartily recommend it!

Cursitor Doom

No, it's hilarious! You're obviously biased, John, having to live there and suffer all their terrible laws and taxes. :-D

Cursitor Doom