OT: "Western Culture Has Died a Politically-Correct Death" (2023 Update)

."

I did bother to read your entire post. The bit about not being able to do serious business in Florida, North Carolina , and Nevada is so ridic ulous- that I did not bother to comment on it. The truth is that you can do serious business in all states. Nebraska seems less likely than mos t , but Warren Buffet seems to do okay. Nucor and Cree are in North Carol ina.

Dan

Reply to
dcaster

Sloman makes things up to reinforce his ignorance. It's easier than working, which he doesn't do.

We have some very serious aerospace customers in Nevada and Florida.

NC also has some amazing barbeque.

lunatic fringe electronics
 Click to see the full signature

Of course you didn't. Your attention span is shorter than Trump's.

But not much of it. Place like London, and New York have lots of people with contacts all over the place - which is why rents are high there.

Business comes to him.

And if you wanted to do business with them you don't have to go to North Carolina. If you are stuck in North Carolina you don't have all that many other choices.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

ada."

to do serious business in Florida, North Carolina , and Nevada is so ri diculous- that I did not bother to comment on it. The truth is that you c an do serious business in all states. Nebraska seems less likely than most , but Warren Buffet seems to do okay. Nucor and Cree are in North Ca rolina.

John Larkin is so pig-ignorant that he thinks he can get away with making t hat claim. He has yet to catch me "making up" anything.

I do some work for the NSW branch of the IEEE. I don't get paid for it, so they are less worried about me being 76 than the places where I still apply for jobs from time to time - I'd quite like to get some work, but I'm cela rly lloking for it in the wrong places.

And they don't have any trouble renting or buying space to expand. Try that on Route 128 or in Silicon Valley.

Not amazing enough to be internationally famous, once the KKK stopped burni ng fiery crosses.

They may even be reviving again

Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to
bill.sloman

I was being nice and figuring maybe you're just young. But you clearly have no experience actually filing out a tax form or familiarity with the many common deductions. Probably because you work at Micky D's, don't own a home, pay real estate taxes, etc., so all you know about is the std deduction and immediately assumed incorrectly that if your income exceeds that you're paying taxes. Hell, you can be earning $50K and actually get an "earned income credit", with the govt giving YOU money, with you owing ZERO in taxes!

Reply to
trader4

You just made up something and by claiming you do not make things up you have done it again.

"You can't do much serious business in Florida, North Carolina and Nevada."

And yet he claims to be able to do logic.

Dan

Reply to
dcaster

Good grief, it's the big northern states that are losing productive population and businesses to the south. They are in deep financial trouble long-term, with huge debts and impossible pension liabilities. Taxes and crime are driving the most productive people and businesses out.

If you want some "risen" try the beignets and coffee at Cafe du Monde in New Orleans. Or biscuits and gravy at a truck stop in Texas.

Mississippi, the classic poor state, is growing faster than New York, New Jersey, Delaware, Connecticut. Florida, Arkansas, and Louisiana are ranked 10, 11, and 12.

One of my biggest and best northeast aerospace customers is expanding mostly in Florida and Puerto Rico. It's just too hard to do business where they were founded.

There is clearly something going on here. The central northeast is culturally and economically wearing out.

 Click to see the full signature

Now you're contradicting yourself. You started this by claiming that if you made more than $12K, then you had to pay tax. That was also wrong, that's just the standard deduction, just one of the many possible deductions you get to take off income before determining what income left is taxable. Now you're claiming that some who earns, $1K owes taxes? Dealing with you is like wrestling with a bowl of jello

Reply to
trader4

Thet's not the choice. An hour by car corresponds to about 12 hours of walking.

You are way up the food chain. Most people in the world aren't so fortunate. They would like electricity and clean water and vaccines and a way to get their crops to market before the mice and fungus eat it.

 Click to see the full signature

We were discussing the high US marginal tax rates in the past. Do try to pay attention.

I don't "think" it, I know that the median income is approaching $60K.

No they don't, the tax laws allow it. And the tax laws were changed in the not to distant past, specifically to make it so that less people would pay tax. Are you just as dumb as DL? For starters, you only take your income that is taxable to start with. Then you apply any and all deductions that you are entitled to. You can be making millions and wind up paying no taxes. Why do you think Trump won't release his returns? And you surely can be earning, $30K, $40K, $50K and pay no income tax. Hell, you can even earn $50K and get the earned income credit, where you owe no tax and the govt gives you money! All I'm saying is that those people should have some skin in the game, not be immune to income tax.

Reply to
trader4

That's incredibly stupid, even for you. Previously you claimed, also incorrectly, that everyone has to pay tax on any income above $12K. So, while both are wrong, which BS do you stand by? That all people pay tax starting with the first penny or it starts at $12K.

What a dummy.

IF

Wrong. Many pay ZERO. You yourself said that taxation starts at $12K, that was wrong too, but it's totally at odds with what you say now.

Reply to
trader4

ludes kids,and people who are out of work. At the time I also threw in pen sioners and non-working mothers.

That's a big fat lie. It doesn't include kids and people who haven't worke d and earned money in a given year. From the cite:

"As for his claim that 47 percent of Americans pay no income tax at all: Gu ess what? He?s right.

Who pays

It's clear Romney is referring to federal taxes and his figure mirrors one from the Urban Institute-Brookings Institution Tax Policy Center, which fou nd that in 2011, 46 percent of tax filers paid no income tax, vs. about 54 percent of tax filers that did have some federal income tax liability. In 2

009, the Tax Policy Center estimated the proportion who paid no taxes was 4 7 percent."

IT's 47% of INCOME TAX FILERS If you're a kid, unemployed, etc, you're typically not filing.

Reply to
trader4

But the earned income credit doesn't just apply to single people.

"In the 2013 tax year, working families, if they have children, with annual incomes below $37,870 to $51,567 (depending on the number of dependent children) may be eligible for the federal EITC."

$51K and the govt gives you money. Maybe the correct idea is not encouraging people to puke out more kids, so they get more money?

Reply to
trader4

Lol, what a classy metaphor for the miracle of life, eh buddy? Even you probably had a mother. What a class act.

Reply to
bitrex

snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net wrote in news:fc6b2ad6-b738-4ede-bf8e- snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

Oh I understand it you pathetic puke.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net wrote in news:154090fc-17b6-4fb1-8c5a- snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

I was around when tricky Dicky devalued the Gold standard and I know the repercussions that will ebb into and from economies for decades to come. Repercussions I am certain that you are absolutely clueless about, tradtertard.

You were saying, you pathetic, presumptuous dumbfuck?

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

The one year (2005) that Rachael Maddow (IIRC) got (illegally) and released showed that Trump paid roughly $35M on $150M in income. Not exactly zero. He doesn't want to release his tax returns because the lefties will just cry about how "unfair" it is for one person to make that much money.

Reply to
krw

Wrong. He's got accumulate business losses from the businesses that he lead into bankruptcy that he can count against income.

He doesn't like advertising the fact that he lead several large businesses into huuuge bankruptcies - it's all image management.

People may ask how it might be fair for him to lose so much money for other people while hanging onto enough to let him look as if he is rich, but that sort of question shouldn't be confined to leftists.

Krw won't ask it because he is perfectly happy with the world exactly the way it is and hasn't the imagination to comprehend any other kind of arrangement.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

Gotta define "nice car" like what, a $78,000 2019 Lexus?

I see low income people driving what _were_ expensive cars all the time the depreciation curve on luxury vehicles is fast and harsh. Most cars other than exotics and high-demand vintage are just depreciating rust.

Some 10 year old luxury vehicles are quite reliable machines and can be had at very fair prices, for a low income person higher than average reliability is important. should they go with a used Ford or Chevy from the mid 2000s instead?? Uh oh...

Others are dangerous financial gambles playing with the discarded toys of the rich. I saw a 2005 Porsche Cayenne in the local beater-lot the other day next to a 2009 Volvo wagon. 180k miles on the Cayenne and about 100k on the Volvo they were asking 5k for the Cayenne and IIRC about 4k for the Volvo. Prolly get the Cayenne for $4700 cash with some negotiating.

A week later the Volvo was still there and the Cayenne was gone. The Volvo was the safer gamble and I don't know enough about cars to gamble $4700 on a 2005 Porsche SUV. Someone did, though, and $4700 is not an obscene amount of money in the grand scheme of things even for a low-income person.

Reply to
bitrex

snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net wrote in news:533d6474-b063-444a-b591- snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

Listening to the stupid shit you post is like watch Donald J. Trump claiming to have graduated with honors.

You... ARE stupid, and Trump.... did NOT 'graduate with honors'.

And you are as mature as a freshly laid turd.