OT: "Western Culture Has Died a Politically-Correct Death" (2023 Update)

Toss away those MSM "newspapers" and check this out instead:

Cursitor Doom

Russia Today would like him.

He's clearly Cursitor Doom's kind of right-wing nutcase - articulate but out of touch with reality.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

RT /does/ like him. From that wackypedia article,

Post-retirement writing and media... He has been a frequent guest on RT programs.[23]

Reply to
Tom Gardner

That's a little hyperbolic. Human nature doesn't fundamentally change, so long-term I think we'll be OK.

College kids tend to rebel against orthodoxy, so we might expect a swing towards sensibility when all those kids with sociology degrees become apprentice plumbers.

lunatic fringe electronics

In fact there does seem to be active selection going on for the kinds of pe rsonalities that fit well into modern organisations.

Conscientious is a much more useful virtue when lots of people depend on yo u to get a particular segment of a job done on time, and to that extent hum an nature is changing.

Nobody whose head was far enough up his bottom to let him work in Reagan's cabinet is going to have any idea about that.

Plumbing is a skilled - if boring - job. Sociology doesn't prepare you for plumbing. It doesn't prepare you to be a barista either, but the social int eractions among your customers are rather more important to a barista than a plumber, so there would be more carry-over.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

But will the Constitution survive long enough to find out?

Reply to
krw

Easily.

lunatic fringe electronics

-

Unfortunately, that's probably true. The current US constitution has been p atched repeatedly, but its fundamentals are flawed. This isn't the message implanted in civics classes in primary school, and consequently not one tha t has enough traction to get the kind of mass support needed to do somethin g about it.

The US has the only surviving constitution based on the principle of the mo derate enlightenment, and it needs to be replaced by something based on the radical enlightenment like every other constitution since 1788.

The main principle of the moderate enlightenment was that the fat cats who are doing well at the moment aren't doing a bad job, and should be left to keep on running the system so that it serves their interests well, and ever ybody else's interests adequately.

The radical enlightenment was more into government of the people by people for the people, with no property qualification for getting admitted into th e class of "the people".

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

Yeah but isten to that enemy piece of shit -

Unfortunately, that's probably true."

UNFORTUNATELY OUR CONSTITUTION WILL LAST ?

That is MY ENEMY.

He has been warned to stay away from me. If he wants to live he will not co me to Ohio. As far as I am concerned he is a subversive if he does anything more here than stop for a burger on his way to a place he might like, like Saudi Arabia, Israel or maybe Dubai.

And when I give warnings, well, let's just not go into that. I do not care what the government says. I will die for my code, my beliefs, my ethics. If they get me so what. I am old enough to die. Nobody can stop me.

Reply to
jurb6006

It's pretty amusing seeing older white Americans who have lead, in teh main, an extremely sheltered life of privilege and luxury that most of the world could never dream of, blather on about what "human nature" is like they know anything.

Amusing, and sad.

Reply to
bitrex

that's too bad there are some pretty hot Polish-descent girls from Ohio but a lot of them have ski slope noses. what's the deal with that.

Ok! Good luck with all that.

Reply to
bitrex

"Older white" people have built the world that we live in, from the things that they know..

The only thing wrong with "privilege and luxury" is that everyone should have some. And they mostly will.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

-a-

,

patched repeatedly, but its fundamentals are flawed.

Which parts would that be? Freedom of speech? Rights of the accused?

This isn't the message implanted in civics classes in primary school, and consequently not one that has enough traction to get the kind of mass suppo rt needed to do something about it.

moderate enlightenment, and it needs to be replaced by something based on t he radical enlightenment like every other constitution since 1788.

According to you. The fact that this constitution produced the greatest country, the greatest economy, the most powerful country in the world, while it's citizens are free, suggests you are full of BS.

o are doing well at the moment aren't doing a bad job, and should be left t o keep on running the system so that it serves their interests well, and ev erybody else's interests adequately.

That's the system of Russia, fool!

e for the people, with no property qualification for getting admitted into the class of "the people".

Reply to
trader4

He is a helpless subject of the Crown and is jealous of our gun rights, so it is the second amendment that bothers hm the most. And the fact that a no n-liberal is actually succeeding in helping this country. That's why he nev er shuts up about it, to the point where he has no time for electronics or work or any of that. He feels compelled to have us be helpless subjects no better than the serf his olady is (he is the freeloader) and all live under Mommy government, cradle to grave.

With other people's money of course.

In other words, a liberal.

Reply to
jurb6006

"

o it is the second amendment that bothers hm the most. And the fact that a non-liberal is actually succeeding in helping this country. That's why he n ever shuts up about it, to the point where he has no time for electronics o r work or any of that. He feels compelled to have us be helpless subjects n o better than the serf his olady is (he is the freeloader) and all live und er Mommy government, cradle to grave.

If you mean me you're right off track

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

I'm not convinced. If the know-nothings, like AOC, get into power, it'll be gone forever. Leftists have no use for any amendments in the BoR. Once lost, they're gone forever.

Reply to
krw

a-

And good riddance.

They'd prefer a US bill of rights that worked rather better than the curren t dog's breakfast. Starting out again from scratch might be one way of gett ing there, but there are quite a few more recent declarations of human righ ts which would provide a respectable starting point.

And the mistakes they enshrined. The original was compatible with chattel s lavery.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

But the short-term and the long-term peaks are different. That confuses most of the population.

Government is its own sector of the economy. And the one that most easily passes laws in its own interest.

lunatic fringe electronics

Not if extracting that maximum tax revenue does more damage than government programs can do good. Which is obviously the case.

Working at the short-term max Laffer point reduces long-term government revenue. And governments usually think short-term.

lunatic fringe electronics

:
:

the Laffer Curve.

el of

, it need not be stable with time, and nobody seems to operate anywhere nea r it.

ocumenting any Laffer curve - perhaps because nobody has worked out how to get a useful range of tax levels to look at.

e of any practical use at all - apart from letting right-wing politicians j ustify tax cuts on the grounds on the spurious grounds that the increased e conomic activity will generate more tax income from the smaller bite on mor e numerous transactions, which doesn't actually happen.

s) do

is an

rs

will

ced

ny useful insights. I have consulted quite enough sources over the years to be perfectly confident about that.

bled!

est-tax-rate

earned.

?

Obvious to one of our resident gullible twits. If that argument were valid, countries with no government at all woukd be spectuculary successful, and countries deep in civil wars would be more successful than their neighbours .

Let's seend John to Syria so that he can get a good gasp of the evidence.

But nobody works at the short term maximum of the Laffer curve, or anywhere close to it.

The special case of 95% income tax on very high incomes wasn't motivated by any desire to raise money, but rather the desire to take resources from po litical opponents, and to be seen to be doing that.

And the mechanism that limited the money collected from these taxes wasn't high earners not working, but rather tax avoidnance schemes that let the hi gh earners get compensated less directly.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to