OT: Well and truly Kalifornicated

It includes illegals.

Reply to
krw

Whilst it's very touching for them to be so generous towards new immigrants, that does tend to attract more and more of them as word gets back to their home countries that the host is a soft touch. So you can't really blame them for taking full advantage of it!

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Cursitor Doom

Not immigrants. Homeless. CA is up to their eyeballs in both so it's easy to confuse them. Leeches, all.

Reply to
krw

Sounds grim.

lunatic fringe electronics
 Click to see the full signature

I didn't say that, but now that you mention it, it is, actually. We just took a walk in the canyon. Islais Creek is running nicely, after the rains.

Don't worry. We import the best coffee, women, and rainfall, and pass the dregs inland.

Driving east on I80, you don't need a sign that says WELCOME TO NEVADA. It's obvious: where the trees stop.

lunatic fringe electronics
 Click to see the full signature

Big companies offshore their profits to avoid state and Federal taxes. Few small companies can do that.

Housing costs in the SF/SV area are a serious limit to businesses. It's not like Texas or wherever where the population can spread out in all directions. We have oceans and bays and mountains and stuff in the way.

The 10% tax on corporate profits is annoying, but not lethal. Otherwise the "big government" can be mostly ignored.

THE big government is in DC.

lunatic fringe electronics
 Click to see the full signature

California's population is about 6% illegal immigrants; Arizona is about 5. Not a radical difference.

We have a lot of illegal farm workers here because we have a lot of farms. Construction, ditto.

lunatic fringe electronics
 Click to see the full signature

Upstate NY is mostly beautiful. Like most states, you can find bad parts if you really try.

lunatic fringe electronics
 Click to see the full signature

There's something similar on the border between Kerala and Tamil Nadu in S. India.

Kerala is lush forest, intensely green. Over the border, Tamil Nadu is the yellow "heat, dust and short stemmed crops" traditionally associated with India.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

more population exiting than entering? "

See my post to Jeff Leiberman for that.

Reply to
jurb6006

Yup! But still *way* better than Kalifornica! :->

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Cursitor Doom

Better the hell you know than the paradise you might like if you spent a fortune (which you haven't got) getting there.

The people who still live in the UK are remarkably tolerant of the countries numerous defects. My ancestors left between 1850 and 1890 when the fare to Australia got down to something that middle class people could afford.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

The parts that I hang out in are beautiful. It's a big state.

lunatic fringe electronics
 Click to see the full signature

Or were beautiful, until John Larkin started hanging out in them. It's called "people pollution" or "tourist blight".

"See paradise and put up a parking lot".

Out-of-state visitors are naturally even worse news.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

OK god. First of all that is their problem. But since you done went to one of those fancy skoolz, it is country's and if plural it is countries'.

And remarkably tolerant is not something you'll find among my ilk. I want this country fixed. Either make it worth living in again instead of this liberal dystopia or spay/neuter it so it dies off. Either way.

There, now you got an excuse to call me stupid or whatever. It has been hours since you asserted your superio....(HEHEHEHEHE)

And always remember, YOU ASKED FOR IT. Well you got it, just like a Toyota.

Reply to
jurb6006

Should have been country's. Lot's of typo's get the phonetics right ...

Americans are mostly descended from people who emigrated to America, which is to say they weren't tolerant of the problems they had where they came from.

Since you haven't got much of clue about what's wrong with your country, your preferred solutions aren't all that likely to produces what you think you want.

I can leave you to advertise that.

In the country of the blind, the one-eyed man is king ...

I drove a Nissan Primera for years. Not a Toyota, but you may not be able to see the difference.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

Yes, a big state in a *bad* state. If you can't see that then I can only conclude you're in denial. Still, if you're happy there then that's all that matters (from your perspective at any rate.)

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Cursitor Doom

I wouldn't want to be moving here now, but our house is paid for, the taxes are Prop-13'd, and we have short commutes through very pretty terrain, past a few great dive bars. The physical beauty is all free (except for lift tickets, about $400 for my season pass at Sugar Bowl.)

Denial? If you're trying to convince me that we're unhappy, it's not working. California is home.

 Click to see the full signature

Is that on the east or the west coast? (I always mix up Florida and California, both largish wel known states that have a coast line, and ending in a and having an a, an o and an l in it.)

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Albert van der Horst

California's the one in the West with all the crazy people. Florida's in the Southeast with all the old people. And crazy people.

Reply to
bitrex