OT: vaccines behind recent outbreaks of whooping cough

Hi,

un-vaccinated people have taken the blame for spreading preventable diseases, but a new study shows the vaccinated people may be spreading the diseases still. The lead author of the study says vaccines make people "asymptomatic carriers" and states that this is not good for the population:

?When you?re newly vaccinated you are an asymptomatic carrier, which is good for you, but not for the population,? said Tod J. Merkel [aka Captain Obvious #1], the lead author of the study, who is a researcher in the Office of Vaccines Research and Review in the Food and Drug Administration."

So I guess a couple questions are, do vaccinated or un-vaccinated people cause more whooping cough infections, and also as was mentioned here before, is the infection that is spread from vaccinated whooping cough people less serious than the wild strain of whooping cough? Also does it make sense to force people to be vaccinated and become carriers of these diseases?

cheers, Jamie

Reply to
Jamie M

ses, but a new study shows the vaccinated people may be spreading the disea ses still. The lead author of the study says vaccines make people "asympto matic carriers" and states that this is not good for the population:

good for you, but not for the population, said Tod J. Merkel [aka Captain O bvious #1], the lead author of the study, who is a researcher in the Offic e of Vaccines Research and Review in the Food and Drug Administration."

illness-2D11655363

cause more whooping cough infections,

That's answered in the articles - the unvaccinated people get the whooping cough that gives the disease it's name, and that spreads lots of infectious material into the air around the patient.

The vaccinated people can have high levels of infection in their throats, b ut they don't cough much, so don't spread the bacterium around as enthusias tically.

om vaccinated whooping cough people less serious than the wild strain of wh ooping cough?

It's unlikely to be any different. After all, it's the same bacterium.

ers of these diseases?

They don't seem to harbor the infection for any longer than the unvaccinate d so they aren't carriers in in the sense of becoming permanent reservoirs.

The vaccinated do have the personal advantage that if they do get infected, they don't feel sick, and the community has the advantage that while they are infected they don't infect the rest of us as industriously as they woul d if they were doing the whooping cough.

Jamie reminds us - once again - that his reading comprehension is below par .

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

On a sunny day (Sun, 01 Dec 2013 21:25:06 -0800) it happened Jamie M wrote in :

Farmaceutical industry needs to sell, its the perfect plot. I can hear them laughing in the board meetings.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

Hi,

Here is another crazy story about about a former Monsanto employee being fast tracked to the editorial board of a journal that published a study showing bad effects from Monsanto's GMO's, and now recently as of November 28th 2013 the journal has retracted the study:

"The Goodman Affair: Monsanto Targets the Heart of Science"

cheers, Jamie

Reply to
Jamie M

seases, but a new study shows the vaccinated people may be spreading the di seases still. The lead author of the study says vaccines make people "asym ptomatic carriers" and states that this is not good for the population:

good for you, but not for the population, said Tod J. Merkel [aka Captain Obvious #1], the lead author of the study, who is a researcher in the Offic e of Vaccines Research and Review in the Food and Drug Administration."

ad-illness-2D1165536

l cause more whooping cough infections, and also as was mentioned here befo re, is the infection that is spread from vaccinated whooping cough people l ess serious than the wild strain of whooping cough? Also does it make sens e to force people to be vaccinated and become carriers of these diseases?

If Jamie's reading comprehension were a little better, he'd have been able to work out the answers to both his questions from the URL he posted.

The answer is that it does make sense. The less aggressive vaccine at least prevents you from aggressively spreading the disease if you become infecte d - since it prevents the famous "whooping" cough, and you won't be a "carr ier" of the infection for any longer than if you hadn't been vaccinated.

In this case the profit motive and the altrustic motives work in the same d irection.

being fast tracked to the editorial board of a journal that published a stu dy showing bad effects from Monsanto's GMO's, and now recently as of Novemb er 28th 2013 the journal has retracted the study:

The craziness is mostly Jamie's - though News Beacon Ireland deserves some of the odium too. Monsanto is big and lots of biotechnologists have worked for them at some point in their career. Goodman's been a university profess or for nine years since then. Sane people need a bit more evidence before t hey start fashioning conspiracy theories.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

[snip]

Actually it *is* a bit more subtle than that. Read the NBC report I left in a little more carefully. The old pre-1990 vaccine tha causes some unpleasant side effects leaves infected baboons infectious for a couple of weeks but the new safer to the patient one stops the disease from taking hold but has high virus levels for 5 weeks.

That is a factor of 2.5x time spent infectious with the newer vaccine. It probably doesn't help that there is a reservoir of worried well that do not believe in vaccination and so act as hosts for this, measles and mumps.

But you will be a carrier for 2.5x longer than if you had been vaccinated with the older vaccine with worse side effects. They are suggesting that this is behind the resurgence in the population.

Another paranoid delusional nutter.

Although it does seem that the newer vaccine is not "better" in all respects - the trade off for fewer side effects of the vaccination itself is a longer period infectious when exposed to the live virus.

Having said that Monsanto did a lot of damage to the global GM and biotech industry with their gerritdownyer neck approach to GM soya and through their machinations we already have an excellent selection of RoundUp Ready pernicious weeds. Shame really as glyphosate is an excellent weedkiller and amazingly benign in mammals considering its effect on plants (and incidentally the malaria parasite).

Perhaps it was a part of their master plan to render it ineffective after their patents have run out...

--
Regards,
Martin Brown

On a sunny day (Tue, 03 Dec 2013 08:24:45 +0000) it happened Martin Brown wrote in :

There is only one nutter here, and I never received yor 'analysis' of the tritium experiment either. Nor have we ever seen any electronics you designed.

You Have No Idea What Goes On.

:-)

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

It was sent to your email address as requested. If you use a Mickey mouse email service like yahoo.com I am not surprised you lose stuff.

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com

Here is the covering letter. The data file is binary and not included.

Hi Jan,

Please find attached XL2010 spreadsheet with your data, basic model fits and residuals graphs. FFT of 4096 blocks on separate leafs with plots of amplitude.

Note big FFT peaks at 24 hours, 12 hours, 8 hours (and 6 hours just above noise). Careful inspection also shows subharmonics at 7 days and 5 days.

The ramp pattern is due to the decay rate. Could definitely do with a few more bits in the data.

18 bit hourly data would give us a sporting chance of seeing something interesting 14 bit bare minimum.

Slightly bad news here though your tritium lamps are decaying a lot faster than NIST half life of 4500 ± 8 days. Your data are consistent with a 1/e life of about 5000 ± 100 days or half life 3500 ± 70 days.

I guess this means either the tritium is leaking out or the phosphor is degrading with time.

Best bet is FFT blocks of 2048 flat data convert to intensity and then average those to drive down the noise floor. The low frequency noise is pretty brutal though so spotting any slight modulation is impossible.

The lower graph on L2(4000-8096)_FFT is the average of the 3 decent blocks of data.

There are interesting graphs at the top and bottom right of the various datasets.

Hope your mailbox will accept this rather big lump of data...

Certainly you are a paranoid loon.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown

On a sunny day (Tue, 03 Dec 2013 11:10:37 +0000) it happened Martin Brown wrote in :

Mickey? yahoo dumps everything from non trusted servers in the spam folder, I get sometimes 80 spams a day, folder automatically emptied by them.

Hi Martin,

mm, I get large attachment sometimes that come from trusted servers. Seems your goofy mail service is not one of them. Possibly peer review in working ;-)

Well, I based that on a documentary I have seen on German TV how they tried to buy up a patent that actually _healed_ people, so they could keep treating them for life with their snake oil. Very well documented. They finally got the inventor (MD) into the hospital too. It is a world of the strongest, and that is only a very simple example, one of millions.

Lots of 'side-effects' are not published, stopped from being published, people die in droves from side effects of some anti-diabetic stuff, some anti-conception pills, and remember softenon, on and on it goes. Heart medication, you ARE clueless. What it has to do with paranoia could only be clear to an ignorant lurker like you. Maybe you are on some of their meds..... and your postings are a side-effect. Quite possible. :-)

Recently EU took some more 'medicine' out of the market as it killed too many people.

Today they did forbid some agricultural pesticides as those kill all the bees. Not a day goes bye...

Big cooperations have no 'ethics', their only ethics is profit, and that is all their shareholders want. Remember the oil spills, the F*ckupshima design, etc etc etc.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

wn

Hey, Jan, did you report numbers here? (maybe I missed the thread.)

or

Ohh that's too bad. It sounded like it might be a nice experiment. Decay of the phosphor being "bashed" by beta rays is perhaps not that surpr ising...

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

On a sunny day (Tue, 3 Dec 2013 07:12:01 -0800 (PST)) it happened George Herold wrote in :

It does not matter, Martin is looking the wrong way, not only here ;-) I was looking for a cyclic variation, and a decrease in sensitivity from phosphors will not be cyclic. so it will just appear as some downward slope. I have all data if you want, and restarted the experiment immediately for the next full year of data collection. It is still running.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

I suspect it may be the tritium diffusing out of the glass vial. Hydrogen in all its forms has a bad tendency of diffusing through solid objects up to and including steel pressure vessels.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown

ays=

s =

rpr=

phosphors will not be cyclic.

the next full year of data collection.

Oh thanks, I don't really want any data. (I've got enough :^) I was interested more as a means of seeing the half life-- and not for any yearly variation.

Reply to
George Herold

rown

ays or

urprising...

Well OK.. I guess given years of data we could figure it out... or just sti ck the lamp in a vacuum with a mass spec and look for mass 3... there shoul dn't be too much of that. (Or does the H stay molecular? mass 4 and 6.)

Diffusion can be weird... CO2 diffuses through a rubber balloon faster than air.

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

On a sunny day (Tue, 3 Dec 2013 08:44:02 -0800 (PST)) it happened George Herold wrote in :

Yes, well that is pretty well known. except the guys get different values at different time of year.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

On a sunny day (Tue, 3 Dec 2013 08:52:27 -0800 (PST)) it happened George Herold wrote in :

Would not worry about that too much, these tritium lights work for 12 years minimum. I have one hanging somehere that actually looks brighter now than last year :-) hehe

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

A few weeks ago I cut the palm of my hand with a box cutter :-( The ER doc cleaned it up and closed it with some kind of super tape, no stitches, took a week before the tape finally fell off.

What annoyed me, as I read the release paper work, to give me a tetanus shot, they gave me a full DPT :-) ...Jim Thompson

On a sunny day (Tue, 03 Dec 2013 10:44:58 -0700) it happened Jim Thompson wrote in :

But it did not fix your amplifier simulation, the new one throws an error.

And actually not doing the circuit diagram makes it cumbersome to just measure currents and voltages, waveforms. Just to hide it oscillates...

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

Having occasional contact with Marin county hippies, I get the TDAP as an adult. Pertussis is not fun.

I get vaccinated for whatever I can to increase the herd immunity. This benefits the tin-foil-hat-wearing government-hating tea-baggers that think vaccinations cause disease or are part of a government mind control project.

Reply to
miso

On a sunny day (Tue, 03 Dec 2013 12:13:52 -0800) it happened miso wrote in :

Do they have vaccinations for proper quoting? Looks like not. :-)

Reply to
Jan Panteltje