OT: Unusual food combination...

Graham crackers, Brie and honey.

My wife concocted this. I was skeptical. Tastes great! ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

One I came up with:

-Mild Curry

-Honey

Great suace over chicken, pork or fish.

Reply to
Kevin Glover

Europeans knew this a long time ago. Of course, you aren't supposed to let the cheese manufacturer in France know what you are going to do with their fine Brie 8-)

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

Yes. With my wife's back injury, I'm learning to cook... basic white sauce is Lesson #1 ;-)

Sounds good!

Merry Christmas and/or Happy Hanukkah to all!

(Both apply in our household :-) ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

Brie on a slice of fresh fig is also excellent.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

French bread (baguette) sliced, with Brie and Pear... (or some other fruit mango is nice.) Yummmm...

Graham crackers and brie is getting close to cheese cake.

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

If there's just one thing you need to be able to cook, it's curry.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

Merry Christmas and all to you too... and everyone else. I'm off to get some wine and stop at a cheese shop.

My son loves Saint Andres..

(I've been know to eat some too. :^)

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

I came up with a brie cracker combination with a raspberry on top. I used Crunchmaster multigrain crackers and put a bit of brie on them. Stick them in the oven under the broiler element for a bit until the cheese starts to bubble and the cracker is getting toasty. Add a

--

Rick C
Reply to

Best white sauce:

Heavy cream

Regiano parmesan

Maybe a touch of nutmeg or tarragon.

Warm just a little to dissolve the cheese.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
 Click to see the full signature

Affinois is great, sort of a richer, runnier brie.

'Affinois

It's less likely to break Fritos than the firmer brie.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
 Click to see the full signature

Bread or crackers with brie & quince is a classic combination. Pear & honey are perhaps its nearest relatives tastewise.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

Yep. We have a fig spread as well. ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

Try this: work a lot of powdered sugar into some Mascarpone. Add a drop of vanilla, and a couple of drops of water if it's too stiff. Use it as a strawberry dip, or on toast or something.

Today is Bean Day. I have two gigantic pots of red beans on the stove, simmering all day.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
 Click to see the full signature

Ho ho ho, that's heavy. I hardly ever cook with heavy cream. Of course I love it whipped up, and plopped onto pie. So nothing against it.

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

Finestkind when making iced cream or a *light* cheesecake (*not* the NYC style that's just a block of cream cheese!)

Reply to
Don Y

I'm not big on sweet. I wanted to add that the baguette is key. The right mix of chewy/ crunchy. I only know of one bakery around here, They distribute by the local supermarket, Ace Bakery, Tops market... (shameless plug) George H.

Reply to
George Herold

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

"Anything worth doing is worth overdoing."

- Meat Loaf

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
 Click to see the full signature

Wensleydale cheese and Port (from C. S. Forrester's 'Lieutenant Hornblower') was a surprising combination that I will have to try some day. Hornblower thought it was delicious. Mind you he normally lived on salted beef, so the opinion may be uninformed.

However both Wallace and Gromit love Wensleydale...so it must be good!

John

Reply to
John Robertson