OT: unpasteurized raw milk health benefits partly explained in new study

You have not looked hard enough. Or probably looked hardly at all yet make such statements. See below.

There were plenty. Read under "A Small Sampling of 1970's Reports Warning of Global Cooling":

As you can see there were lots of government sources. It was also widely broadcast on government run radio stations around the world.

Of course you can also declare all this fake news and stick the head in the sand so you won't see it :-)

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

There is also a medically controlled method of administering small doses of urushiol. Not sure whether via syringes or orally but supposedly that allergy reduction method is not as "uneventful" as gradual peanut exposure at young age often is.

Native Americans had a lot of tricks which we could have learned from them. For example, they knew sun blocker lotion long before white man did and got skin cancer. Since the Iroquois and Shawnee didn't have CVS stores they made it from sunflower oil.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg
[snip]

Yep. Early introduction, no allergies. ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

Two deaths in 13 years. Whoa! Dangerous! It's all about freedom of choice which, in this matter, the French, the Germans and others have and we don't. If we are this scared we might as well outlaw office chairs because people have been known to fall off, hit their noggin and die.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

No "sticking" required, Slowman's head permanently resides in the sand. ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

"For example, between 1912 and 1937 some 65,000 people died of tuberculosis contracted from consuming milk in England and Wales alone."

Systemic TB is a pretty nasty way to go.

lunatic fringe electronics
 Click to see the full signature

That was 100 years ago where people died of all kind of what used to be called incurable diseases. There are also numerous studies that cast serious doubt on that 65,000 from milk exposure claim.

Aside from that farm animals are nowadays very well monitored as to their health. I would still drink unpasteurized mild from a reputable farmer any day just like I did almost the whole time I studied for my degree.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

I contracted brucellosis after drinking raw milk from diseased Mexican cattle. Diagnosis was difficult and recovery took several months.

Reply to
rc12234

It's not sand.

Reply to
krw

This is actually denialist propaganda, and bitrex seems to have found it - not you.

He looked at it hard enough to notice that it included a 1970 paper from the Proceedings of the National Academy of Science as prediction of global cooling

when in fact it gives equal weight to a predictions of global warming.

It concludes

"Some years from now, man will control his climate, inadvertently or advertently. Before that day arrives, it is essential that scientists understand thoroughly the dynamics ofclimate. Only by such an understanding and by active intervention can man assure himself in the long run that this planet will continue to be a suitable place to live".

I was there then. It wasn't. Predictions of a coming ice age were strictly pseudo-science guff, dreamed up to frighten potential readers into reading more.

It was fake news, and it is sad that you don't read carefully enough to realise it.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

That is link to denialist propaganda . Bitrex identifed it as such when he posted it, and added a link to a real 1970 paper which was being misrepresented.

Since it really was fake news - and identified as such by Bitrex - it is Jeorg whose head is stuck in the sand.

Jim-out-of-touch-with-reality-Thompson in typical form. He buys into an argument he can't follow and backs quite the wrong horse.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

Krw is right for once, but for quite the wrong reason. It's Jeorg and Jim who have got their heads in the wrong place on this particular occasion.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

d die.

on/

None of that says that you can't get the disease - it's more about how you won't immediately notice it even if you do get it (and start infecting othe r people).

And you'd still be being just as foolish as you were when you were a studen t.

Human tuberculosis was still a problem when I was growing up. Tasmania ran a mass chest X-ray program where X-ray machines in big vans were driven fro m place to place and X-rayed everybody, every few years. If there was a sha dow on your lung you spent the next year or so at a TB sanitorium until it killed you or the disease was cured. Streptomycin mostly cured it - slowly.

My younger brother was on it for most of 1962 - the sports master at our sc hool had caught TB during WW2, but it remained quiescent until 1961 before becoming active and infecting about half my brother's class. He'd taught me German in 1959 but didn't manage to give me TB.

Bovine TB in the UK was a problem all the time I lived there - from 1971 to 1993. The UK ministry of Health kept on gassing TB-infect badgers (to the great disgust of the animal welfare crowd) because the badgers kept on pass ing the bug on to dairy cows.

It's a nasty disease, and the nastiest part is that it stay quiet until you r health goes off a bit, and only then runs riot.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

Grin. I've heard there is some on the moon.

Cheese has gotten better here in the US. (Maybe in tandem with the beer?) We never get a really runny brie, (Saint Andre's is nice.)

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

Ooooh, I like it runny.

It's a bit runnier than I think you'd like.

Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

This craze to drink cows milk is the mystery, oh wait a mo... big business trying to extract cash from people, despite the medical ethical concerns, comes to mind. For me, it aggravates my acne, for my twin brother, he is stunningly allergic to it, it could actually kill him.

Something like 75% of the world is Lactose intolerant. Clearly there are powerful genetic reasons why milk is BAD for you after childhood. Unfortunately, the massive propaganda from big business is just about impossible to defeat.

-- Kevin Aylward

- SuperSpice

Kevin Aylward

Den tirsdag den 13. juni 2017 kl. 21.33.41 UTC+2 skrev Kevin Aylward:

Europeans started getting lactose tolerant many thousand years ago, I don't think big business was a thing back then.

high in calories, protein, d-vitamin and calcium and in a relatively constant supply, sounds like a pretty good source of nutrients especially where there is not so much sunlight

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

...and the rest of us should give a shit about your problems, exactly why?

Utter nonsense.

Reply to
krw

Milk isn't bad for you after childhood, but having older children compete with younger children for breast milk doesn't maximise the number of potential offspring per mother.

Once northern Europeans started stealing milk from cows, that particular constraint made less sense.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

So, you personally don't care a shit about others, what's your point?

Well, understanding that large percentages of people have the same medical problem, but have no idea of possible causes, it could be of significant benefit to them to have a solution.

Indeed why do you actually post to this NG at all? Presumably many post to freely offer advice to the many that post problems here, unless they are the type that are a one way suck.

My brother had tremendous suffering for many, many years, with severe Eczema, until he solved the problem by becoming Vegan. It is of no benefit to me or my brother to post this information, but it may well help someone else.

I guess your disparagement says a lot about you, not me.

What bit? Have you actually goggled to get the facts on Lactose intolerance?

"...their findings proved otherwise. Approximately 70 percent of African Americans, 90 percent of Asian Americans, 53 percent of Mexican Americans, and 74 percent of Native Americans were lactose intolerant..."

or

There are many independent sources. Its a well known fact.

-- Kevin Aylward

- SuperSpice

Kevin Aylward