OT: UK to move back to imperial units?

George Herold wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

Yes.

Passing high currents through printed circuit traces is not a good idea anyway, especially if the trace gets hot enough to exhibit heat. That causes detachment in worst case scenarios.

Best to keep them short and close to the high current component, which is more likely where the heat is coming from.

No more or less than any other planar circuit trace layout would be. Now that all changes, of course when one steps into high frequency RF effects/parasitics, etc.

When current passes through a conductor, a magnetic field is exhibited. Michael Faraday and J.C. Maxwell said so anyway...

But I also know that you knew that.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Chris wrote in news:qhscmc$j9l$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me:

Hatred much?

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

On a sunny day (Wed, 31 Jul 2019 18:26:11 +0300) it happened Dimiter_Popoff wrote in :

I did not know that.. So you are an undercover Agent from Russia ;-)

One system or the other, I am a bit pro-Russia because of my history. It is funny because i am not a 'leftist' in the common sense. I do have great respect for Russia, and I find it silly to credit the election of US Precedent Agent Orange to Russia.

History.. that US election was rigged, it was not even the choice of the people.. Maybe it is me,. but I do not notice much Russian posting in newsgroups. There is one poster in alt.politics.europe who is against EU I think, but he may well be an Agent Orange minion. Often Agent Orange sends his minions to Europe to create diversity by stirring up nationalism and ultra right. That includes Boris and a lot of other players. Nationalism A.O. thinks will make EU fall apart.

I was reading today that in California now if you want to run for Precedent eeeh president you HAVE to show the taxes over the last few years. That rules out ..Orange. It is just one of the signs of the United States falling apart, states going their own way. California likely will create better connections with China, already on the east coast China has a foothold.

The east as it was before the iron curtain (wall) fell was not so bad as some may want you to believe, in fact everything the western press accused Russia of in those day they now do it themselves on better, like listening in to everybody, recording everybody, you know. So much for freedom. US cops shooting random people, gun manufacturers running the government US caused regime change in more than 400 countries since WW2.

You are free to live there, been there, had adventures there, .. one thing I noticed when I came back from those adventures (that I will not go into detail about here, but have mentioned some in the past) is how relaxed things were back in Holland compared to stressed out 'merrica. People get shot all the time, I had a gun to my head, when some people were talking garlic some body randomly killed people in a garlic festival in US I did read. High school shootings, any body can buy a gun, some will flip out and there you go as 'law abiding' citizen...

No, things are more relaxed here where not everybody carries a gun, safer too, although all the import from countries the US destroyed by its wars do kill people here too, also import from countries in Eastern Europe.

So all I can say I hope you are happy with that system but I NEVER had a longing to live there. I have not been to Russia, have been to East Germany before the wall fell, and it did not suffer from the hyper-tension I see in US people. Your gun laws should change, but it is too late, Cities will bleed down like Detroit no more services, warlords, slavery *(keeping illegals in sweatshops hiding as workers), Reagan was better, he made them legal so they had to pay taxes... No, What is the difference between trumps wall and the wall in Berlin? Trumps wall is in reality designed to keep the 'merricans from leaving, not to stop the cheap labour from entering, see that? For the same reason he does not allow 'merricans to travel to Cuba, if they do they will see that life is much more relaxed there then in the US,. THAT is what is going on.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

On Wednesday, 31 July 2019 16:26:16 UTC+1, Dimiter_Popoff wrote

The BBC is a long way from impartial. I grew up listening to it.

Reply to
tabbypurr

Well so far I have seen only two types of pro-Russia people (the Russians are exempt of course, they are entitled to their own interests and those I have known are quite OK): those who don't know life within Russian control and those who have or hope to benefit from Russian control. I believe you are among the former.

Russia is anything but a leftist country. They have never had capitalism, it is a feudal state.

Perhaps the Russians alone could not have pulled it off, but their help tipped the balance. Without it - no mr. Orange in the White house. Putin is outclassing his predecessors in what he manages to do subversively. The guy is really good at what he does, it is just that I want he was not. I appreciate the EU market and I appreciate the way things here are a lot more relaxed than elsewhere, just as you do. With the Russians officially in charge here (Bulgaria is run by the KGB mafia but they have to hide and can't do all the things they could do while they were also legally in charge prior to 1989) things will go grotesquely cruel, the place will be uninhabitable for anyone not willing to literally march along within days.

I believe all this goes a bit too far, but I can see how the US is not in its best state and I would not want to live there now. Some 30 years ago, yes. May be even some 25 years ago.

Dimiter

Reply to
Dimiter_Popoff

Jan Panteltje wrote in news:qhsf8r$apa$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me:

All 50 states of The United States of America have all been independent and make their own laws and constitutions.

You are worse than a Trumper with horse blinders on.

In one state, a person may make a U-turn legally. In others, it is forbidden and you will get a ticket if caught doing it.

In some states other than missionary position male-female sex is illegal and even carries heavy prison terms.

Your statement really has no meaning as all 50 states have been their own law managers from the beginning. The US has a very good state / federal separation... in some areas. Not so much in others.

Remember again... it is all about money. The money of the populace. Note how the US pays a 10X hit on pharmaceuticals in many cases. Notice too in those states that have embraced the FACT that cannabis has medicinal properties and health benefits and drafted laws to allow its use get backlash from the feds because the FDA declared cannabis (and hemp) to be a schedule 1 narcotic, which means that we are not even allowed to perform research on any alleged medicinal properties it may have and they push back because relenquishing and moving it off schedule 1 would be losing face with the entire world, whom the US has so far been demonizing cannabis for decades with. And the states are all scrambling to tax and control it.

Wow. We went for decades with it illegal and never hurt a soul, and they spent billions calling it a gateway grug, and now they want to run around behind you to make sure you are not giving it to your kids... and to tax the piss out of it, and the feds so far will not even allow a 'company' selling it in those states to file federally. But your kid can start smiking tobacco or vaping or drinking and go unnoticed until they take a gun to a festival. Give that to a kid instead of ritalin.

Take something that could help ALL smokers quit tobacco with zero nicotine reliance and help ALL PTSD sufferers calm down and continue to demonize it. How quaint.

You really have no clue sometimes with the crap you spew. Maybe you should stick to electronics, old man.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Jan Panteltje wrote in news:qhsf8r$apa$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me:

You are an absolute idiot. THAT is what is going on.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Rubbish.

They dislike ignorant opinions, and correctly don't regard all opinions as being of equal value.

You get battered because your opinions are more asinine and visibly ridiculous than most. Even so, you do occasionally make sensible points.

Classic nonsense. /You/ are the person that like Russian propaganda; why don't you go and live there.

That would probably increase the intelligence of both Russia and wherever it is you live (not the UK, by your own statements)

Reply to
Tom Gardner

Tom Gardner wrote in news:iOj0F.2295603$ snipped-for-privacy@fx36.am:

Heheheheh... HAHAhahaha!

+1 (which oddly has a hidden double meaning this time)
Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

According to this web page eating insects is more popular than Trump. 52% would try them while Trump's approval rating is only 43%

--

  Rick C.

  - Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
Rick C

MSM is not an acronym.

--

  Rick C.

  + Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
Rick C

.

ar at the whim of anyone.

Where does the carbon come from to grow the trees? Carbon tied up in any s ink is out of the equation. Let me bring it down so you can understand. I t's a good thing.

Mmmm... Yes, many dangerous people on the Internet.

--

  Rick C.

  + Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
Rick C

rate,

The diffusion problem is why they agitate the boards during plating. So it 's not really diffusion.

--

  Rick C.

  -- Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
Rick C

Rick C wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

And here I would have thought that Globe-All Worming was a firm established to rid the earth of worms like Donald J. Trump.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

nto

e,

If plating were e-field and diffusion controlled, why would the plating be even through the entire via? Don't they coat the inside of the via with so mething that conducts for the plating to stare all through the via from the beginning of the electroplating bath?

--

  Rick C.

  -+ Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
Rick C

Rick C wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

The energized bath is a field and all that is in it as a negative (or positive) node will get plated during bath energization. Circulation of the electrolyte is all that is needed to keep 'full strength' media in proximity with the surfaces its molecules are separating from to add to the plating. So the only 'danger' to plate lacking would be if the fluid lost molecules in plating and none were left in that direct, proximal zone to a surface. A boundary layer kind of thing. Keep the fluid moving and fresh atoms are closer to the srfaces they are being added to. No movement would allow a "depleted layer" of fluid to be the proximal agent to a surface and it could be argued that the surface would receive less plating.

If it is pure field though as the mechanism (pretty sure it is), it will happen regardless of 'proximal' solution strength.

Unlike say copper PCB etching with acid. The acid strength determins the etch 'speed' and trace edge quality.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

You seem to misunderstand my question. It is about how the plating starts in the via. If there is no metal there to start with, how does plating begin all through the whole in the beginning?

--

  Rick C.

  +- Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
  +- Tesla referral code - https://ts.la/richard11209
Reply to
Rick C

There are some chemistry tricks to deposit metal out of a solution, usually of some (semi)noble metal salt with a slow-acting reducing agent. Look up 'electroless plating'.

Once you have a thin conductive layer, it can be built up to the required thickness by electroplating.

Jeroen Belleman

Reply to
Jeroen Belleman

ENIG is just a thin plating on top of the copper. It won't conduct electricity or heat much. Nickel doesn't conduct well and the gold is only micro-inches.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

I'd give him at most 6 months in the job he coveted so much at most. He is probably fairly safe for now whilst parliament is in summer recess.

First real test is tomorrow's by-election:

Previous incumbent (a Tory) convicted of fiddling expenses (usually Tories are traditionally done for sex scandals) is standing again. It may be very tight (his constituency forced a by-election by petition).

April Fools Day would be more suitable for Brexit than Halloween.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown