OT two really good books

lunatic fringe electronics
 Click to see the full signature

I would rather know of some good electronics books

Seems that currently SED is 50% IT or political rants

Book recommendation:

Anything from the author Sanjaya Maniktala Cheers

Klaus

Reply to
klaus.kragelund
50% OT of course......
Reply to
klaus.kragelund

There's no ban on anyone posting an electronics question. Why aren't there more? ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

He wrote a SMPS design book I really liked, if I'm not mistaken! Been several years since I read it, though.

Reply to
bitrex

I like my dirty commie PBS a lot, but I have to say Downton Abbey is one of the most painfully white shows on television.

Reply to
bitrex

Well, England was mostly white people back then. Samurai movies are painfully Japanese people.

lunatic fringe electronics
 Click to see the full signature

typical moronic comment from you.

Reply to
Julian Barnes

I thought only the swords were painful

Reply to
David Eather

Do us all a favor and killfile "bitrex". No intellectual content will be lost. ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

None that Jim will admit to understanding.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

It is a poorly written, melodramatic, and tedious series about the serious white people problems the 1% of British society over 100 years ago had to go through that definitely nobody cares about.

Just goes to show American's perverse desire to invest heavily in bad television, even when it's imported.

Also, only two of the daughters are hot. I cannot watch it.

Reply to
bitrex

"Television is the greatest time waster of all time" Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of TV.

Reply to
Alan Folmsbee

"Vast wasteland" -Newton N. Minow ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

OK adding Armada to xmas wish list. (It looks like a reprint from the 1959 book.)

Reply to
George Herold

Well, Kiri te Kanawa is proudly part Maori... her role was as an opera singer.

Reply to
whit3rd

The Armada sailed in 1588, so the book's not so old.