OT: TV as monitor for CAD

We don't find that at all.

The best lighting is none.

Reply to
krw

Same. Until my early 50s, I had 20-10 eyesight in both eyes. Then, over a very short time, my eyes sorta locked up and I could no longer focus on anything closer than four or five feet and I developed an astigmatism (or it was uncovered, anyway).

I might be able to tell there was a newspaper there...

Reply to
krw

OK, what device is storing the frames? I could see it if you were feeding it compressed video but it isn't compressed from the TV (HDMI isn't, anyway).

Reply to
krw

On a sunny day (Wed, 07 Jun 2017 12:04:04 -0400) it happened snipped-for-privacy@notreal.com wrote in :

Not in my experience, indeed I like to keep room light on. It prevents the eye from ever changing, adapting, not only when looking from the set to other things in the room, like perhaps your popcorn, but also prevents the ever fluctuating light level in the room you often see in houses. In fact the surrounding light level should be such that a changing light level from black to peak white on the set does not tire the eyes. And the room light should be a in a place here it does not reflect from the TV screen, or its source is directly visible in the line of sight to the set.

It may be a bit different when doing video editing or making white adjustments for a camera in a studio, in the old days color registration, but NEVER in the dark. Not even possible in many cases.

But 'merrican abuse of TV controls I have seen is way way way away from what I would call 'sane' from wrong colors to other 100 % wrong settings.

Maybe it is better with digital now, but if they CAN do it wrong I am sure they will. After all they came up with that other system too. :-)

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

I do if I' doing something else at the same time but never while just watching TV. They don't have lights on in theaters, for the same reason.

Every theater in the world must be doing it wrong.

You don't see much, obviously.

You really are an asshole.

Reply to
krw

On a sunny day (Wed, 07 Jun 2017 12:43:06 -0400) it happened snipped-for-privacy@notreal.com wrote in :

That is just so you do get distracted seeing the others stuffing their popcorn in their faces.

Theater, well do those still exist? These days movies come out on internet first...

Fine you cum up for your country, but I have seen enough of the US AND enough of the lousy color productions they produce to have a professional opinion. I deleted 2 or was it 3 US films on grounds of it being total unwatchable crap today, Sometimes I wonder why you guys even use color.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

On Tuesday, June 6, 2017 at 12:18:01 PM UTC+3, Pimpom wrote: [del]

I hope you've included the 42 inch as a price comparision only. Because if you want to use it as a monitor, you'll quickly find out why nobody has eve r produced a 42" computer monitor at any price point.

That said, I have a habit of playing videogames on the PC with a 55" TV whi le sitting on the sofa, but this is rather different, ergonomically speakin g. For looking at small details on the screen, which you'd want to do for C AD work anyway, it's a complete NO-NO.

Reply to
Kamen Lilov

Yes, that's the only reason, particularly because Clive Arthur cited USD450 for a 43-inch 4K model.

Reply to
Pimpom

Ah, the golden years. I remember an incident in my late twenties. I met someone while waiting in the corridor of a government office. The lights were off and the corridor was dimly lit by natural light from one end. My new acquaintance told me that his name was on a typewritten list posted on the opposite wall, about

10 ft away and maybe 7ft up. I asked him his place on the list and when he told me, I said "So you're Mr.so-and-so". He was astounded.
Reply to
Pimpom

Unlike you, I'm not bothered by what others do. I don't feel compelled to make sure they're eating the "right" way.

Like I said, you don't see much. You know less.

Yes, you are just another little lefty asshole.

Reply to
krw

Well, I'm not _quite_ that old. Let's just say the "silver years". ;-)

I was once asked by the examiner at the DMV (Department of Motor Vehicles - driver's licensing bureaucratic time wasters) to "read the fourth line down" on the eye chart. I promptly read it off. He looked at me oddly, signed the document, and sent me on my way. I didn't count the top two lines. They had *huge* letters and since everything was center-justified, I didn't even count them as lines. I guess he realized that the point was to whether I could see, not whether I could follow directions.

Reply to
krw

The graphics card in the laptop has the sreen memory. Nvidia in this case or Intel, whichever I have chosen to display on the HDMI output. I think the Nvidia is the one with the 4K resolution but might be both ?

boB

Reply to
boB K7IQ

On a sunny day (Wed, 07 Jun 2017 16:44:52 -0400) it happened snipped-for-privacy@notreal.com wrote in :

Your world view is typical over-simplistic: if anyone says something you do not understand or disagree with, or your papa told you was bad, you put it in the box 'leftist'.

After deep thought I deduced that the reason the US cinema theaters (as well as to war theaters) are so dark, is because that country only has 110V to light the bulbs, half the normal voltage, and that results in 1/4 the power = light output, A really dark place and on top of that that high frequency 60 Hz hum.

:-)

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

Jan Panteltje wrote on 6/8/2017 4:29 AM:

A regular Sherlock Holmes he is...

--

Rick C
Reply to

It's not frames being stored. You need to understand, modern GPUs implement a multi-stage graphics pipeline. Nothing gets drawn from CPU memory directly into the frame buffer. Everything gets drawn into off-screen memory and gets composited onto the frame buffer. That makes it sound like a two-stage pipeline, but ten is more like it. There's anti-aliasing, colour transforms, opacity, a lot going on. There is ample opportunity for buffering delays.

Clifford Heath.

Reply to
Clifford Heath

No, lefties are simpletons. You're a fabulous example.

Like I said, you're a simpleton.

Impossible.

Reply to
krw

100ms of a 4K picture equates to something like .5GB. Why would they be wasting the memory? It's not compressed (coming from the PC).
Reply to
krw

That's silly. We'd just use four times as many bulbs, but young romantic persons like it dark in movie theatres here.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

I can understand that from a compressed source but what are they doing to already fully processed video. Making it worse?

Reply to
krw

On a sunny day (Thu, 08 Jun 2017 15:34:46 -0700) it happened John Larkin wrote in :

I stand corrected.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje