OT: Tired of Winning?

Snowflake? Married? That's the funniest thing I've read all day. No sane woman (or any other kind, for that matter) would have him.

Reply to
krw

In a marriage, there is no "my money".

Reply to
krw

Speaking from experience, obviously. It makes sense that a little weird psycho bitch, like you, would attract another weird psycho bitch.

Reply to
krw

You can't even read, snowflake. I thought that liberal arts degree you brag about was useful for something. Guess not.

Reply to
krw

A perfect battery wouldn't solve the charging problem.

Reply to
krw

more any other candidate got.

I don't really care who won and who "should" have won. I think the elector al college is the big mistake of the Constitution and should be fixed. I w as debating this at a bar with a bunch of salesmen after a trade show and o ne was particularly adamant that the rural people needed to be protected fr om the votes of the city people and so the electoral college would do that (I don't recall the exact rationale but something like that). I asked him why he thought the votes of the rural people should count more than the vot es of the city people... no answer.

That is what the electoral college does, it gives more force to the votes o f segments of the country than to others. The only fair way to apportion t he votes is one voter, one vote. Everything else is a farce.

Here is a perfect example. In WV the votes were so lopsided, no democrat n eeded to turn out, they couldn't have won presidential votes. In Maryland no Republican needed to turn out, they couldn't have won presidential votes . In Virginia it was close enough that the vote could have gone either way . So many WV and MD voters were iced out of the presidential election.

The only people in this group who think the electoral college should stay a re those who support Trump. But they also say if the election were decided by popular vote Trump would have campaigned differently and still won. So why fight abolition of the electoral college? Who here doesn't believe in equal voting rights for all?

Rick C.

Reply to
gnuarm.deletethisbit

There is no charging problem. Care to explain what you think it is?

Rick C.

Reply to
gnuarm.deletethisbit

Where's the energy going to come from if everyone drove an EV. Oh, right. They wouldn't drive far because battery technology sucks and always will.

Reply to
krw

Is that so?

Times have changed, then. When a close election put a Democrat (Christine Gregoire, Washington State, 2004) in the Governor's seat, the Republicans hounded the (Republican) Secretary of State from office for certifying the vote.

They also put a few suits before the courts, which came to nothing: the election was fair.

Reply to
whit3rd

On Saturday, June 30, 2018 at 9:28:44 PM UTC-4, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wro te:

oral college is the big mistake of the Constitution and should be fixed. I was debating this at a bar with a bunch of salesmen after a trade show and one was particularly adamant that the rural people needed to be protected from the votes of the city people and so the electoral college would do tha t (I don't recall the exact rationale but something like that). I asked hi m why he thought the votes of the rural people should count more than the v otes of the city people... no answer.

of segments of the country than to others. The only fair way to apportion the votes is one voter, one vote. Everything else is a farce.

The Electoral College is one of the constitution measures that ensure the s mall states do not have their rights over run by the big states.

Consider that the Senate does pretty much the same thing. Each state has t wo senators regardless of its size.

If you are going to have one voter , one vote, then you are going to have t o change the senate too. And that still will not make it one vote , one v oter.

Consider Delaware. It has two senators and one congressman. If it were on e vote one voter, then Delaware would have no senators. And that would not be one vote one voter either.

In my opinion the Electoral College serves a valuable purpose. It ensures that the president is elected by the majority of the states, not the majori ty of voters.

Dan

Reply to
dcaster

Some states wouldn't even have representation in congress.

What the lefties refuse to accept is that the United States is designed as a confederation of *states*. The only way to get one man one vote is to abolish states. I'm sure some ass is going to think that's a good idea too.

Reply to
krw

Putting a few thousand armed ICE agents around polling locations in swing states to detain anyone with dark skin near them will probably be how fair elections are ensured in future

Reply to
bitrex

??????????

Reply to
bitrex

rote:

[...]

And that is the problem. Your Senators are elected by popular vote of the people they represent. The President is not.

Your argument that the Electoral College prevents the small states from bei ng run over in the Presidential election is specious and holds no water. E lections can be won by winning just Delaware - 3 votes, California - 55. Where is the protection? It is actually the opposite. The small states ha ve very little say in a Presidential election and so get no attention by th e candidates. The *worst* of both worlds.

At least in the case no candidate receives more than half the electoral vot es, the President is selected by the House. Even then it is not a popular vote, but each state delegation receives one vote. Then you truly get your wish, one state, one vote.

Rick C.

Reply to
gnuarm.deletethisbit

For the purpose of selecting a President I think that is what most people would want. One person, one vote. I expect many do not even realize their votes often just plain don't count.

Rick C.

Reply to
gnuarm.deletethisbit

What does *that* mean???

Rick C.

Reply to
gnuarm.deletethisbit

This ass has a better idea. Let's setup a hereditary monarchy and do away with all this infighting every 4 years. The added stability will more than compensate for the loss of underutilized voting rights and rapidly eroding freedoms: Or, simply admit that the 1776 revolution was a mistake and restore rule by the English crown and parliament: Or, we can dispense with the illusion of democracy and simply auction off the government to the corporation, trust, consortium, or cartel offering the highest bid.

California has the right idea. The plan is to split California into 3 states: It should be on the Nov ballot. That would give California 4 additional senators. Of course, once the other states realize what is happening, they too will split into smaller parts in order to obtain more votes in the senate. That could easily be the end of statehood as we know it today.

"I hold it that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical." (Thomas Jefferson to James Madison)

--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
 Click to see the full signature

Golly son, I can see you're not really hip to what's happening in the US of A nowadays. You must think the purpose of ICE detentions is to actually enforce fair and lawful immigration policies and not say the creation of an above-the-law goon squad that answers only to Trump

Reply to
bitrex

How wrong can you be? Every vote counts. Do you believe that only votes for the winner count.

Dan

Reply to
dcaster

On Saturday, June 30, 2018 at 11:57:07 PM UTC-4, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wr ote:

eing run over in the Presidential election is specious and holds no water. Elections can be won by winning just Delaware - 3 votes, California - 55. Where is the protection? It is actually the opposite. The small states have very little say in a Presidential election and so get no attention by the candidates. The *worst* of both worlds.

You claim the argument is specious, but do not present any counter argument s.

As proof that the little states do have a say in presidential elections, lo ok at tne most recent election. Hillary did not campaign much in small sta tes and lost the election.

Dan

Reply to
dcaster