OT Tips for playing YouTube videos in Chrome

For people who want to extract the most out of YouTube videos...

Try these Chrome extensions...

Video Speed Controller

Massively useful with the keyboard shortcuts S, D, and R.

Ratings Preview

Massively useful for avoiding junk videos. Hover your pointer over the ratings preview bar and you will see the number of reviews used for the rating. Sometimes even highly rated videos technically suck (many people rate advice/instruction before they prove it) but the rating is usually right.

YouTube(TM) Mouse Controls

A bit clunky. Can be used for controlling the volume with the mouse scroll wheel.

HD for YouTube

Just sets the default video resolution, I use low 360 so that I can get on with finding what I need. It can be raised.

Don't forget Stylebot! Not for videos, for everything. I used it to remove the large timestamp from the video preview window in the storyboard/timebar. Now I can see more in that video preview pop-up window.

Anybody else have other tips for playing YouTube videos in chrome, feel free.

Reply to
John Doe

Also... You can specify a start point in the video in your comment in the comments section by simply typing a number like "2:03". Anybody who single clicks on that number is immediately taken to that point in the video above the comments section. One use for that is informing others when the important/useful part of the video begins, sometimes minutes into the video. Another is for people who upload albums, to allow jumping to a track simply by clicking on a number. I regularly use it along with a comment, for pointing things out.

Reply to
John Doe