OT: the state of Sweden

Ethnic Swedes in denial over destruction of country

or to scarred to speak out

Reply to
Julian Barnes

Probably too scared, also >:-} ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

I'm working in the US at present, but I really fear when I eventually return to Germany that it will have become a failed state like Sweden. We seem to be headed down the same path. :-( I just hope to god the AFD party can gain enough support by the time of the German election to disseat that traitorous bitch Angela Merkel (who is _supposed_ to be a conservative!!) but the Left is very strong in Germany so there is another enemy to worry about. :-(

Reply to
Gunther Heiko Hagen

The scars are more of your inventions.

ZeroHedge would like to think that their right-wing propaganda was reportin g something real, and if the actual Swedes don't buy it, ZeroHedge would li ke us to believe that it is the regualr Swedes who are lying, rather than Z eroHedge and the rest of Julian Barnes favourite propaganda machine.

If Julian Barnes had ever posted anything that wasn't overt right-wing prop aganda, he might have some slim chance of being taken seriously, but as it is all he is good for is telling us what right-wing nitwits have been told to think.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

The US should get to be as "failed" a state as Sweden or Germany.

most_Always_Do_Better

does suggest that the US is much less satisfactory place to live than Swede n or Germany. The US is agreat place to work for a couple of years, to prov e that your English is up to scrach, but it's no place to raise kids or gro w old (or sick).

Angela Merkel may not be right wing enough to satisfy anybody right-wing en ough to contemplate voting for the AfD, but the rest of the world thinks th at she is remarkably competent. She's certainly the only world leader with Ph.D. in physical chemistry. She's published more than I did, if not enough to sustain an academic career.

Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to
bill.sloman

I'm right now at the gate ready to board for 06:25 flight to Stockholm Arlanda, and I have hard time believing you guys are serious.

Regards, Mikko

Reply to
mikkivir

Actually I'm on my way to an even worse rathole, Brussels. A few months ago I had the courage to visit a location even more dangerous, Chicago, which I recall from top of my head has murder rate of 10 - 15 times that of swedi sh cities.

Of course I tend to stay in downtown locations rather than the rough suburb s, but still the your reality seems to differ from mine a lot. MSM here cla ims mr. Trump saying in public that a friend of his doesn't dare to visit Paris any more. I don't know if this is fake reporting, or has been taken o ut of context, but taken at face value it sounds outrageous. I have too tig ht a schedule to visit Rinkeby, Stockholm and see with my own eyes, but may be I'll have a chance to drop by in Moelenbeek, Brussels, the suburb where those responsible for the Paris attacks originated and where they hid - ass uming I get my presentation finished already during the flight I'll have a few extra hours. A half-hour visit is not a proof of anything, but maybe it 'd provoke some thoughts.

All this is not intended to deny that the world seems to be becoming a more dangerous place. It would be wise to understand properly why, how dangerous, and what can be done about it.

Regards, Mikko W

Reply to
mikkivir

Open borders.

Very.

Properly police the borders & throw out undesirables.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

Ok, here is a selfie of myself tinyurl.com/z6m4sub taken half an hour ago next to the Attadamoun mosque, a few blocks from where Salah Abdeslam the Paris shooter got arrested. A lot of immigrant looking people but I didn't feel unwelcome the least. Had a cup of coffee at La Terasse along Rue d' Ostende and left.

I attended a conference several years ago, and we had accommodation in a hotel called Downtown Los Angeles, may have been Sheraton or some such. I thought it'd be great, expecting something like Times Square in NY. Little did I know, I took a stroll and immediately realized who doesn't belong there. It felt _way_ more hostile neighborhood than Molenbeek a moment ago.

For what it's worth. Now it's time to find a place to have dinner with colleaques. Shouldn't be difficult, Brussels has a reputation for good food.

Regards, Mikko

Reply to
mikkivir

Obviously you've listened to too much fake news ...

Greetinx from Germany

Reinhard

Reply to
Reinhard Zwirner

But where would they send Cursitor Doom? In times past they might have transported him Australia, but there's an independent government there now, and we can reject rabid lunatics.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to