OT: Test Your Brain

...Jim Thompson

Neat! Thanks. Ed

Reply to
ehsjr

The father of my daughter-in-law sent that to me. Isn't that a neat set of optical illusions?

...Jim Thompson

Yes! It took a relatively long time for the green dot to appear (maybe 1.5 - 2 seconds), but once it appeared, it was hard to get it back to purple. I'd turn away, look at something else for a while, then turn back, and the green dot would appear in two or three "bounces". And the picture of moved around on my wall. Blanked the name, as I don't want to possibly spoil it for someone. The_Human_Brain.PPS is definitely a keeper! Ed

Reply to
ehsjr

I had to run my finger around the spiral/circle one to be sure ;-)

...Jim Thompson

Interesting - I could not see a circle in that one. There was absolutely no doubt to my eye/mind that it was a spiral and only a spiral. Your experience makes me wonder if it really is a circle. The parallel lines are awesome - maybe I should use a ruler.

Ed

Reply to
ehsjr

Did anyone find the dolphins yet? I still don't, even after seeing this about a month ago!

Reply to
Jeff L

You're kidding, right? You must have a very corrupted mind. ;)

Any chance of getting a seizure from looking at all of those rotating (but they're not rotating!) pictures?

md

Reply to
mrdarrett

I found all nine, after a while of course!

Best Regards

Steve Sousa

Reply to
Steve Sousa

Dolphins? What dolphins? You must be out of your mind. :)

- YD.

--
Remove HAT if replying by mail.
Reply to

[snip]

Try your finger ;-)

...Jim Thompson

Heh, I just gave it a good stare, the kind of stare you apply when counting turns on a coil. The kind of stare that you have to be very careful about jumping to the next line and miscounting...

Tim

--
Deep Fryer: a very philosophical monk.
Tim Williams

Yes tnahks! Much better than the X-windows 'twined' background which goes any direction when I look at it.

--
Reply to nico@nctdevpuntnl (punt=.)
Nico Coesel

Me too .

--
Terry Pinnell
Hobbyist, West Sussex, UK

I got a bit of a turn with the one with the purple dots and the green one going around the circle - I see the green dot make a couple of rounds, then Br-r-r-r-r-r-r-t! one by one, the purple ones disappear, in order, like on "beat the clock", and then it's just the green dot going around on the grey background. Spooky!

And the last one, that resolves to a face, I'd like to etch a stainless steel mask of some kind, or machine a heating element to shape, and toast it into a tortilla, then sell it on Ebay. ;-)

Oh, by the way - do you need powerpoint (which I happen to have a bootleg copy of), or can mere mortals view the show?

Thanks! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Ah, hA! By brain is superior to both of yours. I was able to trace the circles by eye. Nanner, nanner! ;-)

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Oh, come on Rich, stop gloating. Everyone knows that is only because your brain has had more experience with hallucinations than the rest of ours has.

-Chuck

Reply to
Chuck Harris

It plays just fine on OpenOffice.org, which is available for free on linux and 'doze.

-Chuck

Reply to
Chuck Harris

PowerPoint VIEWER is FREE. Just surf for it.

(I actually own a registered version of PowerPoint, which I no longer use... I can make PDF presentations with more smarts.)

...Jim Thompson

Jim,

What's your drawing/document preparation software of choice?

Or do you just code directly in PostScript like Don Lancaster does? :-)

Reply to
Joel Kolstad