OT: Swine Flu

This seems relevant to current events.

Be sure to check the mouseover.

Rick C.

- Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging - Tesla referral code -

Rick C

Well the mouseover applies to auto-immune diseases. Was swine flu one of those? All I remember is they gave the shots with a pneumatic hypo like on Star Trek. It was a great time to be a kid. Maybe now is too.

Go forward a few to 577 and there's an excellent 5-parter based on Firefly.

Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

Do you really not understand what he is talking about? In particular the Spanish flu was credited with being so lethal to young men because of the overreaction to the disease by the immune system. You can call it autoimmune, but that's missing the mark.

Whatever. That wasn't why I mentioned it, but obviously that would be beyond you as well.

Yeah, he has an obsession with Summer Glau which I might just share.

--

  Rick C.

  + Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
Rick C

Maybe I didn't read it carefully enough, and maybe I don't know how common auto-immunity is, but I thought it was just a conversation.

Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

Cytokine storms are apparently what does it. Same with smallpox.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs