OT: Strange Man

Trump was showing appreciation to some of our armed forces for the work they've been doing in Texas and he kept thanking them for doing "so much for the prestige of the services". I didn't once here him say anything about how much they had done for the victims of the storm. He just has such a strange perspective on life.

--

Rick C

on the centerline of totality since 1998
Reply to
rickman

Obama wouldn't have mentioned them at all, he would have just told everyone how much he himself had done.

Reply to
Taxed and Spent

I find it funny that every time someone mentions Trump a comparison with Obama has to be made. Obviously Obama has set the bar that all other politicians are measured against.

Can't you just discuss Trump as Trump? Or is he just not worthy of mention alone?

--

Rick C

on the centerline of totality since 1998
Reply to
rickman

I don't know why there is so much discussion of either of these guys, or of some of the other politicians. Most discussion about them should be taking place in court rooms.

Reply to
Taxed and Spent

ng about

such a

Have you ever READ any of Obama's speeches? I don't think he was a great

president (I had a lot of problems with his increased use of cruise missiles as tools of assassination), but whenever he spoke of what he did it was in line with saying how he contacted the affected leaders of the communities to offer them assistance as needed.

That is what a president should be doing in cases of emergencies - personally making sure that relief is going where it is supposed to. And

letting the public know he (or she, someday) is doing the job they were elected to do.

ERACTIVE.html

John

Crap,I'm again responding to an off-topic post. Sorry, but the 2nd posters comments can not simply be left.

Reply to
John Robertson

To him, prestige /is/ existence. Classic narcissist trait -- the only thing that's worse than dying is not being remembered.

It's not strange at all from this perspective. It's very dangerous, though. That sort of personality can be very easily manipulated.

Tim

--
Seven Transistor Labs, LLC
Website: http://seventransistorlabs.com

Tim Williams wrote on 9/2/2017 11:39 PM:

Reading this gives me an image in my mind of a statue of Trump in a white Elvis suit. I wonder if he plays air guitar.

--

Rick C

on the centerline of totality since 1998
Reply to
rickman

Seems unlikely. Playing air guitar is self-parody, and that would not seem to be part of Trump's skill set.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

Trump knows damn well Obama was born in Kenya, but he's stating Obama was born in the US so he can be prosecuted for treason some time down the line once the swamp has been drained. Anyway, If Obama had been genuinely born in the US he wouldn't have needed to post that crude and obviously fake birth certificate on the White House web site.

Given the poor state of your mental health I don't accept you're qualified to make a judgement on that.

Cursitor Doom

Cursitor Doom's judgement is - of course - the touch-stone of sound judgement.

Anybody who believes everything they read in the Daily Mail and on Russia Today is clearly perfectly in touch with irrefutable facts.

This is - obviously - irony, though Cursitor Doom might not realise it.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

How? Was the Donald there, by astral projection,having a vision of the infant's grown-up appearance and name?

Trump isn't a prophet, seer, or in touch with the astral plane. He's a showman. If the audience wants to hear him spin fantastic tales, he'll do that. If the audience wants to see him do magic, he'll fake that.

The 'birther' thing was a fantastic tale. Like, when Paul Bunyan and his blue ox Babe straightened out the river... If it had been a magic trick, he wouldn't have told us the truth afterward.

Reply to
whit3rd

lol

Reply to
bitrex

Pathological narcissists are more gullible than the average person; lacking empathy means you don't understand other people's motivations (the sociopath believes all other people to be sociopaths who are just good at hiding it), and if you don't understand other people's motivations how would you know when someone is playing you or not?

Think it would be possible to get him to endorse a new EV tax credit so long as it only applies to the Volt which would be re-branded the Trumpmobile? It's cool, I'd drive a Trumpmobile. Great car, it's gonna be yuuuuge.

Reply to
bitrex

and if you don't understand other people's

You are kidding , aren't you?

Dan

Reply to
dcaster

Only a lefty moron, like you, would confuse Trump with Bernie. OTOH, maybe you're starting to like The Donald but won't yet admit it.

Reply to
krw

Right. You can't read.

Reply to
krw

Why aren't you out washing my Trumpmobile like a good boy?

Reply to
bitrex

I dunno, you tell me?

Reply to
bitrex

I think you are kidding. I would think anyone could tell if they were being played even if they did not know the motive. I just do not know your motive for saying that.

Dan

Reply to
dcaster

Clearly some people are played and don't know it. It wouldn't be worth doing otherwise.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to