OT: Source of Stainless Screen Wire?

I need about 1' x 1', 3/16" grid preferred.

Needed for: Preventing fruit in my home made Sangria from blocking the dispenser spout inlet >:-} ...Jim Thompson

| 1962 |

Thinking outside the box... producing elegant solutions.

"It is not in doing what you like, but in liking what you do that is the secret of happiness." -James Barrie

net curtain won't do?

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

McMaster-Carr? Amazon?

GH

Reply to
George Herold

Check with boating suppliers, they sell stuff for corrosive environments and will carry stainless screening. Here on the wet coast we have any number of sources.

Oh, wait, you are in a desert aren't you?

May have to go online then...

John

PS, good luck!

Reply to
John Robertson

Just get a strainer and cut the handle off.

It could also be plastic, like a small colander or part of one.

Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

Cut up a $2 supermarket colander?

Reply to
Trumble

Interesting idea, but I need ~9" diameter

That might work, cut off the bottom of a colander, notch for spout clearance and drop it into dispenser upside-down. ...Jim Thompson

     Thinking outside the box... producing elegant solutions.

"It is not in doing what you like, but in liking what you do that
is the secret of happiness."  -James Barrie

They make 9" stainless strainers, but the plastic would be easier to keep clean. Even stainless would get minuscule food particles stuck in the wire crossings.

Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

That's a big pitcher.

Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

BIG _dispenser_. ...Jim Thompson

     Thinking outside the box... producing elegant solutions.

"It is not in doing what you like, but in liking what you do that
is the secret of happiness."  -James Barrie

Try Inko Screen Process Supplies, 2465 Providence Ct Walnut Creek, California 94596-6454 (925) 944-5752

... or other craft silk-screen companies.

Reply to
Robert Baer

9" + sieves are readily available.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

OT: Source of Stainless Screen Wire?

I need about 1' x 1', 3/16" grid preferred.

Needed for: Preventing fruit in my home made Sangria from blocking the dispenser spout inlet >:-}

...Jim Thompson

| 1962 |

Thinking outside the box... producing elegant solutions.

"It is not in doing what you like, but in liking what you do that is the secret of happiness." -James Barrie ===========================================================================

The first answer to all questions like is it available or how expensive is it, for any kind of metal and plastic stock, hardware, fasteners, belts, bearings, tools, most tubing and plumbing stuff, and scads of other stuff, is

Best online search engine on the internet (IMNSHO :-)), huge stock of stuff, warehouses around the country so you often get stuff in one day without paying overnight shipping, and great service. If they have it and you only need a little bit, just buy it because you generally have to substantially up the quantity to beat their price by 50% and spend lots of time shopping around. That's not to say you can't scrounge up some SS mesh from a colander or skillet splatter shield or lots of other places if you want to put your time into that kind of scavenger hunt (and I love doing that when I can :-)), but if you just want it now go to
and move on to the things that make you happier.

-- Regards, Carl Ijames

Reply to
Carl Ijames

Yep...

With more careful measurement, turns out it's only 7-7/8" ID at the bottom.

We had quite a crowd for Father's Day... 16 in all, about 2/3 of the family could make it... the newest addition...

She's a "stretcher" ;-) ...Jim Thompson

     Thinking outside the box... producing elegant solutions.

"It is not in doing what you like, but in liking what you do that
is the secret of happiness."  -James Barrie

Life is good. Good luck Jim.

Regards

Reply to
tom

Thanks! ...Jim Thompson

     Thinking outside the box... producing elegant solutions.

"It is not in doing what you like, but in liking what you do that
is the secret of happiness."  -James Barrie

Look at Lowes or HomeDepot for fencing material; way too crude for silk screening.

Reply to
Robert Baer