OT: sober reading between the lines; less sober analogy

ike

age

ss

Trump is a narcissist. Larkin is a narcissist. We already know that they ha d a lot in common, and can be expected to make the same kinds of mistake.

People who don't type presumably dictate their correspondence and their rep orts and a typing pool or typing service types it up for them. My father wo rked that way, which always struck me as nuts. Even I can type as fast as I think, when I am thinking about how to word a missive.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

If North Korea doesn't nuke us, I'll be pretty happy.

lunatic fringe electronics
 Click to see the full signature

If that's all it takes to make you happy, I can understand a lot more of why you are like you are.

Rick C.

Reply to
gnuarm.deletethisbit

If North Korea did nuke California, John Larkin would probably end up dead, rather than unhappy.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

I don't worry about that so much, what I do worry about is that I'm confident that the bulk of American Trump supporters are the type of person where, if given the word by The Donald, would gladly pull their neighbors, families and children all out to the firing line and blast them to bloody pieces with anti-aircraft artillery. As is common in North Korea, apparently.

Reply to
bitrex

That is to say when people stockpile weapons and ammo like they plan on shooting a lot of people - believe them

Reply to
bitrex

Common?

The nastiest, and most potentially violent people, are not the conservative, Christian, working-class family people who voted for The D.

If I were stranded on a lonely road in a snowstorm, I'd sure rather have a worker-guy in a rusty pickup truck drive up, than an ACLU lawyer in a Tesla.

It's sad how much contempt the coastal elites/parasites have for the deplorable, uneducated people who keep them alive. They are literally hoping for a recession, and a war with North Korea, so that they can show that Trump is wrong.

How about you? Do you want Trump to be successful in bringing North Korea out of its current miserable state, and ending the nuclear threat? Are you hoping for a recession?

Who really cares?

lunatic fringe electronics
 Click to see the full signature

Where did you read that nonsense? The NYT? The WaPo?

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Cursitor Doom

te:

da like

garbage

e if

ss-ass

tter

f it

ng

of

5008232

John Larkin is a sucker for the branch of of the book-publishing industry t hat targets rich Republican by publishing books that flatter them.

He even seems to believe the flattering twaddle involved, but John Larkin h as always been a sucker for flattery.

And it wasn't just working-class people who voted for Donald Trump - a whol e lot of well-off Republicans who should have known better voted for him to o. The business of about using Facebook likes and dislikes to target vulner able voters with propaganda targeted at their particular weaknesses wasn't structure by social class.

In practice you wouldn't care who it was provided that they stopped, but yo u do have this delusion that the person in the less expensive vehicle is mo re likely to stop.

I'm sure that they'd prefer less dramatic evidence that Trump is a shallow and under-informed publicity seeker, and they've already got a super-abunda nce of that.

John Larkin is unaware precisely how obvious it is that Trump is a jerk (be cause he's a jerk in much the same way that John Larkin is).

Comedians do say stuff that's intended to capture the attention of their au dience, and right-wing commentators do love to pick isolated quotes out of context - it's called text-chopping in more intellectual circles.

Trump might be successful in getting North Korea to negotiate itself into a better condition, but every previous attempt at this has shown the North K oreans to be persistent and intransigent liars who will say anything, but k eep on building weapons of mass destruction. Trump, as a persistent liar, s hould be better placed than most to deal with this, if he wanted to, but he 's more likely to be lying to the US public about what he has achieved than deluding himself about the triviality of the document he signed.

Nobody wants a recession, but a president who wants positive press comment now and couldn't care less about the long term state of the economy is more likely to deliver a recession than somebody interested in the long-term st ate of the economy.

Pretty much everybody, except perhaps President Trump, who has a long histo ry of taking the money and running, leaving a trail of bankruptcies behind him.

Winning the US presidency, exploiting it for every penny he and his relativ es can get out of it, and moving on from the smoking ruins to Moscow, would be perfectly in character.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

Trump and Kim are different personalities; Trump is a narcissist, Kim is a psychopath. Narcissists are gullible in ways that psychopaths are not.

Assuming one is ignorant of what one is dealing with (Trump probably is) an "ordinary" person has a not great, but significantly better chance of outsmarting a psychopath than a narcissist does.

Reply to
bitrex

As opposed to the Daily Mail and Russia Today?

Cursitor Doom doesn't like quality journalism. It exposes him to facts that he finds unpalatable.

--
Bill Sloman. Sydney
Reply to

If they don't learn from what happened to Libya, then they deserve what they get.

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Cursitor Doom

These are *not* mutually exclusive traits. Narcissism is a common characteristic of psychopaths.

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Cursitor Doom

One thing that impresses me about Trump is how often he says "we" and how much credit he gives to other people. Compare that to Obama, whose favorite word was "I".

He couldn't have built a real estate empire if he wasn't a good manager, and good managers know how to build teams.

lunatic fringe electronics
 Click to see the full signature

I thought Trumps companies hadn't turned a profit in the past 40 years?

--
Mike Perkins
Video Solutions Ltd
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Mike Perkins

If so, that makes him even smarter.

lunatic fringe electronics
 Click to see the full signature

nto a better condition, but every previous attempt at this has shown the No rth Koreans to be persistent and intransigent liars who will say anything, but keep on building weapons of mass destruction. Trump, as a persistent li ar, should be better placed than most to deal with this, if he wanted to, b ut he's more likely to be lying to the US public about what he has achieved than deluding himself about the triviality of the document he signed.

That's probably a 'royal' we. :^)

George H. Compare that to Obama, whose

Reply to
George Herold

Hillary and Obama attached Libya mostly to show that H was tough enough to be Commander in Chief. Probably hundreds of thousands have died as a consequence.

She *laughed* about killing Khadafy.

 Click to see the full signature

The lesson from Libya is that if you treat population badly enough for long enough, it eventually revolts. The North Korean population has been treated very badly for a very long time, but it's carefully watched for any sign of revolt.

If the lower ranks of the North Korean army start feeling hard done by, then the North Korean equivalent of Muammar Mohammed Abu Minyar Gaddafi may pop up.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

nto a better condition, but every previous attempt at this has shown the No rth Koreans to be persistent and intransigent liars who will say anything, but keep on building weapons of mass destruction. Trump, as a persistent li ar, should be better placed than most to deal with this, if he wanted to, b ut he's more likely to be lying to the US public about what he has achieved than deluding himself about the triviality of the document he signed.

Trump inherited a real estate empire, rather than building it, and the turn over in his staff at the moment doesn't suggest great team building. John L arkin is looking at another narcissist through rose-tinted glasses.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to