OT: Snowboarding in NYC

Winter time fun.....

Martin Riddle

On a sunny day (Sun, 24 Jan 2016 12:46:51 -0500) it happened Martin Riddle wrote in :

Yea, especially in this place:

Help the glow ball warm! Use more electricity NOW.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

A third said: "It's far too cold for me. Hong Kong is supposed to be warm. This is not Hong Kong."

China has issued its second highest weather alert amid the coldest weather in decades.

The state-run People's Daily said on its Weibo social media account that the city of Guangzhou had recorded its first snowfall since 1929.

In Japan, the Kyodo news agency said five people had died and more than 100 had been injured in weather-related accidents across the country in the past 24 hours.

Transport services continue to be disrupted.

The agency also said it had snowed in Amami Island, a subtropical island 380km (235 miles) south-west of Kagoshima City, for the first time in 115 years.

lunatic fringe electronics

Lack of sunsopts. About 100 years ago we were at the same level.

Martin Riddle

It's scary to think that 2015, the "warmest year", might be the peak of an interglacial.

A few degrees of warming could be inconvenient. A couple of kilometers of ice covering most of the USA would be downright annoying.

lunatic fringe electronics

On Sun, 24 Jan 2016 18:47:22 GMT, Jan Panteltje Gave us:

Used an electric snow blower today for a few hours.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

On Sun, 24 Jan 2016 10:56:18 -0800, John Larkin Gave us:

There were 8000+ reported accidents (automotive) the day the storm hit here in Virginia. The east coast death toll for this storm is about 18 so far.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Was just going to post this- I guess that's 'viral' for you.

--sp

--
Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany

I though the aerial shots were well done. Plus it had the googling girls added to the mix.

Martin Riddle

Aerial shots were done from a drone, I guess.

--sp

--
Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany

You can't refute this level of correlation. It's settled science. Black presidents cause blizzards.

Reply to
Wanderer

Hopefully some locals will spear them and feed them to the fish.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

On a sunny day (Mon, 25 Jan 2016 06:33:34 -0800 (PST)) it happened snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in :

idiot

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

Fun.. In my youth (~10-13) we use to get around the village I lived in by "pogeying" on the back of cars. With a car stopped at a stop sign, you'd sneak out from a nearby snowbank, squat down and grab onto the back bumper for a free ride. Your "Sunday" shoes with the leather bottoms worked best. If you got too many people on one car it would spin and not be able to move. You also had to keep your eyes peeled for bare patches in the road... Face plant. :^)

When my brother and I got older we graduated to empty parking lots, a rope, and an inner tube or "flying" saucer. (kids)

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

Sit there in that frigid cesspool you call home and eat spam (the original product), the main thing is to STAY HOME.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

On Mon, 25 Jan 2016 14:44:33 GMT, Jan Panteltje Gave us:

So, it is OK if you say it to someone, nut if I do it, I am a troll.

YOU are an idiot. Ever heard of National Lampoon?

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Electric as in battery powered? What will they think of next. I still use the human powered snow thrower.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

On a sunny day (Mon, 25 Jan 2016 07:59:30 -0800 (PST)) it happened snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in :

Look, bloggy, you are out of line, and in the killfile you go with your similar company. Your electronics contribution has been close to zero oeer the years, and the things you commented on where wrong. So that will freshen up my screen.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

Do you snowboard or ski?

lunatic fringe electronics

On Mon, 25 Jan 2016 08:14:06 -0800 (PST), snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com Gave us:

No. Electric as in plug it in to the wall outlet. Same as the gas jobs only electric. You remember the lawn mowers in the '60s where folks kept running over their cords? Like that.

Solar? "Cold" fusion? Hehehe...

Well, one does have to make an initial path, then trim out in 6 inch swaths with the height of this snowfall. But it is easier than doing the whole thing with tosses. My back is much better for it too.