OT: Sit, Kneel, or Stand?

As of Nov 7, the NY Times gave Clinton an 84% chance of becoming President. The HuffPost said 98%.

I remember election-day TV network estimates of 95/5 in favor of Hillary, swapping those numbers in about 5 hours.

How's that for expertise?

They don't make facts like they used to. Funny.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

And c, you ask all the right people.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

e:

:

ote:

arly have no

dent is happy to

rofessional

o further

he job we asked

hat it's

though.

eve that. But I seriously doubt it is.

w in light of his, ummm, questionable performance.

ore

now and thought he'd tone down the insults and be more diplomatic once in office.

Obama. The "it's just his first year" utterance will change into "it's jus t his second year" in 2018. You really think much will improve by then? It' s Trump's own fault. I doubt anyone is forcing him to say and do most of th e inflammatory stuff he's saying.

Uhhh, what? Who said anything about stupid?

I'll assume you are trying to say something to the effect that he won, so h e obviously wasn't doing anything stupid. And my answer to that is: Yes I k now he won. There's no debate about that. His ability to get reelected or s imply remain in office for the remaining portion of the 1st term remains to be seen.

. I've encountered engineer hiring practices that prefer someone from outsi de the industry, but they're still engineers. I can understand hiring a CEO from outside the industry, but they still know the ins and outs of being a CEO.

erspective. But what's happened here is we have an arrogant, narcissistic reality TV star/real estate developer of questionable mental stability tryi ng to run something he has no knowledge nor experience with: the US governm ent.

a construction job site. Yeah, not a great idea. You have to have some trai ning to do any job, even if it's behind the fast food counter.

There's a prerequisite of knowing how to operate a gun. Simple as it may be , my point is you have to know something, and Trump has shown essentially z ero knowledge of how to deal with other politicians, foreign leaders, and e ven private citizens that happen to fall into his cross-hairs. And he toute d himself as the "deal maker". A deal maker typically has people skills and he appears to have little.

Reply to
lonmkusch

The right people? Like all who are eligible to vote? I would hope they weren't polling kids at elementary schools.

Reply to
lonmkusch

How many poison gas attacks has Assad launched lately?

Which NFL player is now selling the most t-shirts?

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

e:

ob

in

ng

or

ey

What's your point? InTrade had Indiana for a solid McCain/Palin win practic ally up until the results started coming in. Traders began panicking (I wou ld imagine much like traders at NYSE), buying and selling to limit their lo ss, or boost their gain depending on each situation. They used the informat ion they had. Traders wanted to make money and outside of this, could care less who won. They wanted to make money.

Mainstream news outlets want to be right so viewers trust them. That' it.

Especially now that it's fashionable to doubt scientific fact. I guess anyt hing can be true in this era if you click your heels three times.

Reply to
lonmkusch

e:

:

rote:

ote:

clearly have no

esident is happy to

h professional

g to further

y.

s the job we asked

t that it's

e, though.

elieve that. But I seriously doubt it is.

low in light of his, ummm, questionable performance.

before

by now and thought he'd tone down the insults and be more diplomatic once in office.

ith Obama. The "it's just his first year" utterance will change into "it's just his second year" in 2018. You really think much will improve by then? It's Trump's own fault. I doubt anyone is forcing him to say and do most of the inflammatory stuff he's saying.

o he obviously wasn't doing anything stupid. And my answer to that is: Yes I know he won. There's no debate about that. His ability to get reelected o r simply remain in office for the remaining portion of the 1st term remains to be seen.

est. I've encountered engineer hiring practices that prefer someone from ou tside the industry, but they're still engineers. I can understand hiring a CEO from outside the industry, but they still know the ins and outs of bein g a CEO.

h perspective. But what's happened here is we have an arrogant, narcissist ic reality TV star/real estate developer of questionable mental stability t rying to run something he has no knowledge nor experience with: the US gove rnment.

in a construction job site. Yeah, not a great idea. You have to have some t raining to do any job, even if it's behind the fast food counter.

be, my point is you have to know something, and Trump has shown essentiall y zero knowledge of how to deal with other politicians, foreign leaders, an d even private citizens that happen to fall into his cross-hairs. And he to uted himself as the "deal maker". A deal maker typically has people skills and he appears to have little.

What?

Reply to
lonmkusch

He also beat Hillary 63 million to 66 million.

--

Rick C

on the centerline of totality since 1998
Reply to
rickman

Whereas 'respectable' news sources of the kind you and Bill approve of would never dream of reporting important world events without thoroughly fact-checking them first.

ROTFLMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cursitor Doom

There's only one way he could have known - from reading the Express online, dummy.

Cursitor Doom

Examples?

What are you trying to prove? That Newsweek created covers for both contingencies? No shit Sherlock. Now go away.

lonmkusch

I personally prefer my news to be Russian propaganda such as RT, but that's just me.

Reply to
lonmkusch

indeed

seems you failed to check your facts.

Jasen Betts

John Larkin wrote on 9/26/2017 2:51 PM:

I believe the moral of this story is to get kids from the bakery who shoot well to drain the swamp!

--

Rick C

on the centerline of totality since 1998
Reply to
rickman

John Larkin wrote on 9/26/2017 3:51 PM:

That will be Trump's legacy, he tamed the NFL! Too bad he isn't doing so well with North Korea, but you need to have priorities.

--

Rick C

on the centerline of totality since 1998
Reply to
rickman

rickman wrote on 9/26/2017 8:14 PM:

I seem to recall Trump managed to dodge the draft... although that didn't stop him from criticizing those who fought and were captured spending years in a POW camp and suffering loss of mobility in their limbs. Why does no one remember that when Trump is talking about disrespecting the flag and military?

--

Rick C

on the centerline of totality since 1998
Reply to
rickman

See? Trump is the most divisive person ever to gain power. He is tearing the United States apart.

You are going with the flow. Cool your jets and figure out how to heal.

Reply to
Steve Wilson

They have about the same predictive power as climatologists. And probably for the same reasons.

Reply to
krw

It's amazing you didn't suggest this with the last asshole.

Reply to
krw

He lost the popular vote by three million voters. The next Democratic candidate isn't going to neglect the rust-belt states.

I didn't rate the probability - I went to Nate silver's web-site, which gave Trump a one in three chance of winning, but pointed out that one in three happened once in every three trials (and cited a recent minor sporting upset to illustrate the point).

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to