OT: Shut it down

Penguin is supposed to taste awful because of their fish diet. I wonder what soot-breathing city pidgeons would taste like.

zero, and remove the last word.
Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

So a coastal pigeon would taste better or would it taste less flavorful due to lack of years of smoking? OR does it not matter, since we do not eat the lungs!?

Reply to
SoothSayer

Smoked chicken?

-- Cheers, James Arthur

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

...despite the fact that DDT was never shown to have any affect on birds.

Reply to
krw

And they probably can't point to a single bird "saved."

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Remember the smoke jumpers who died when they couldn't get a water drop, because the plane was only in range to scoop up water from a lake with protected fish? 3 or 4 firemen died, but they might have saved up to 5 or 6 fish.

zero, and remove the last word.
Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

Actually I think the most interesting thing about it is that it shows how ignorant liberals are of what conservatives think. We know what their issues are. We are deluged with their concerns on TV. But it takes them over 20 years to hear about this issue which was old news for conservatives. I saw the Senate hearing on C-SPAN where Senator Clinton and others made it clear that they had never heard of it before. They couldn't care less what other people think. Liberal means free-thinking, but some of the most close-minded people call themselves that.

zero, and remove the last word.
Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

You've never had Chinese food?

Reply to
JW

..."free-thinking"...so, the thinking done is free and thus worth EVERY penny...

Reply to
Robert Baer