OT? Rigol clearance

Got a Rigol email

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

Woah. 2 channel 100Mhz scope for $299 Yes please

Reply to
bitrex

I want the DSA815-TG, but with 'silly' investments there's not much free cash here now.

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

Wow! These are really nice and affordable, especially if you doesn't need a current calibration certificate or the latest and greatest model.

I just picked up a really good 100 MHz dual-channel scope for hobby use, thank you for the post! Hopefully, I'll grow into the scope once I get used to it.

Lurking a lot on sed and seb has *really* paid off over time and it just did once again.

A major thank you to George, and to all the other posters I've been reading and learning from over the last decade!

RO

Reply to
Ray Otwell

Got my DS1102E on the way, thanx dude, those sure went quick! :O

Reply to
bitrex

Since when was cash free? Not even pennies on the sidewalk...

Reply to
Robert Baer

If you ever buy Starbuck's, you have free cash.

With your asinine definition, the word shouldn't exist. It has no application.

Reply to
krw

Rigols are great scopes, and not just the cheap ones. Our standard test-stand scope is their 500 MHz 4-channel, for which we've developed a Python library to talk to them. Their 1 GHz monster is very nice.

lunatic fringe electronics

DS6_20120525021902.png

What's the last image showing, John? Some sort of print-out?

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

The 1102 was at a good price, the others were -$300 or so below list. Hmmm, at that point new looks more attractive. A 3GHZ SA would have been nice for ~1K

Martin Riddle

That's a screen capture, to a USB stick probably. Possibly ethernet.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Wow! These Chinese. They're simply *years* ahead of us! ;-) But if they're not already, they bloody soon will be. :(

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

Ya, a modern 100MHz 2 channel digital scope for $299 is a no-brainer. The other stuff, striking into above 2k for bandwidths of 200-300MHz, or spectrum analyzers. given that I don't have an extreme need for portability right now I feel like boatanchor would be the way to go. You can get used HP/Agilent boatanchor analyzers that can do into the 10s of GHz for around 1.5-2k

Reply to
bitrex

Give it five years or so I guess

Reply to
bitrex

Well, the US and China are both paddling as hard as they can. The difference is, the US is paddling backwards, making laws against truth.

Reply to
Clifford Heath

Oh heavens! Taxpayers can object to what's being taught in their schools. The *horror*!

Reply to
krw

Sometimes I think those who oppose the teaching of evolution make a fairly strong case against evolution by their own existence. Clearly the human race has not evolved all that far if at all over the last 100 years. Just as those flying the rebel flag wish to fight the civil war all over again, some wish to adjudicate the Scopes Monkey trial again to reaffirm the outcome. The monkeys won.

--

Rick C
Reply to

The courts are equipped to manage violations of our social contract, not matters of science, despite historical attempts to define pi as being equal to three. Science is not a popularity contest either.

Reply to
Clifford Heath

Pssst. Evolution doesn't have a "goal", biologically speaking, other than a genome adapting to be most suited to survive and reproduce in some particular environment in some particular epoch.

If becoming apes again and climbing back into the trees is what's most suited to human survival in 2k17 then that's what will happen (though it might take a while), and from a scientific perspective it would be neither "wrong" nor "right", just expedient.

Reply to
bitrex

Oh, good grief. All this does is give a means to petition one's government - a rather American principle.

...or are you afraid of "settled science" becoming unsettled?

Reply to
krw