OT: politics

My wife woke up in the middle of the night and invented this joke:

What does D.N.C. stand for?

Donald, Nancy, Chuck.

lunatic fringe electronics

Teflon Don...

Martin Riddle

I always wondered what would happen if Don ran as a Dem. Maybe in 2020? He gets full marks from me if he helps fix the DACA mess.

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

I'm not sure the Dems are dumb enough to vote in a guy who is so insecure, thin-skinned and undiplomatic. But stranger things have happened.

Reply to
lonmkusch

Like Hillary.

Reply to
krw

Oh, if he switched to being a Democrat (which he once was) they would be praising his many virtues. Didn't Bill get away with harrassing women? How about the Kennedys?

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Right it's hard to know how they (I) would have responded. I like to think I'd have been part of a democrat "never Trump" group, but..... (If it was to defeat that ultimate evil 'insert name of some republican' would I have held my nose and voted for him. :^) I don't really like Donald, but if he gets things done, I'm for it.

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

e:

:

e, thin-skinned and undiplomatic. But stranger things have happened.

I really don't think so. Remember all the people within his own party who w ere trying to prevent him from getting the nomination? That wasn't because they wanted it themselves (for the most part), it's because they genuinly b elieved he wasn't fit for office. And also likely beleived he couldn't win. Well, he won, and a lot of those fears are playing out. It doesn't take a psychiatrist to see this guy has some issues, or at least is behaving like he does. A president is supposed to be diplomatic, well-read, and open to n ew ideas. Is it any wonder his approval rating fell so low so early in his term, or that the turnover at the WH is so high? I mean really, this isn't a political issue. I didn't care for GW Bush, but he at least he didn't ha ve all these personality issues. You can make up all the excuses you want a bout polls being wrong, "liberal media", but his behavior speaks for itself .

And yeah, Bill and Kennedy were womanizers, but at least they weren't so ov ert about it and weren't the mental case Trump is.

I honestly cannot understand anyone who thinks Trump is so great. It has no thing to do with his policies, it's his behavior that gets me.

Reply to
lonmkusch

After watching Donald during the debates I had my mind made up. His responses were, for one, often based on facts he made up, and two, less coherent than typical presidential candidates.

I know some say the fact he's never been in politics is a positive, but would you go to a doctor with no experience whatsoever, or an accountant who has never filed their own taxes? I wouldn't.

Reply to
lonmkusch

(about Trump)

Uh huh.

Look where people (advertised to be) like that have gotten us.

Mark L. Fergerson

Reply to
alien8752

Trust krw not to have noticed that Hillary Clinton was US Secretary of State for a few years - a diplomatic job, which she seems to have done rather well.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

Even the liberal press savaged Geraldine Ferraro for her father's alleged ties to the mob

Reply to
bitrex

Also the fact that, like Obama, she was about as hard-center as you could be and still be considered "left"

Reply to
bitrex

ote:

eas.

Can you elaborate? I don't want to assume I know who you're referring to.

To add to my original post, if I did some of the things at work that Trump does in public, I'd be having meetings with HR, or fired. Crooked Hillary, Little Katy, Little Marco, Lyin Ted, Low Energy Jeb, Crazy Bernie. Calling Alicia Machado "Miss Piggy", then falsely claiming there was a sex tape of her. Claiming Mika Brzezinski was bleeding from a bad face lift. It goes on and on.

Tell me this is behavior consistent with a mentally stable person with resp ect for others. I'm not going to fault anyone for a random snide remark, bu t this goes much, much further than that.

Reply to
lonmkusch

Not really. Nobody in DC trusts him because he threatens to drain their swamp, mess up the enormous money-and-power game that both parties play.

Like tax reform. Politicians of both parties live on pay-for-play loopholes.

He may just turn out to be very, very smart. It's fundamantal that can't be obvious.

Sometimes the best way to get what you want is to act crazy. Most people can't deal with that.

I should get his "Deal" book.

lunatic fringe electronics

This isn't new (Jane Goodall, who ought to know(!), commented on it before the election), but the overt visible similarities are surprisingly congruent.

Tom Gardner

Nobody listens to his huffin' and puffin' anymore, least of all N Korea.

Nobody trusts him anywhere.

It is time for the UK to suspend intelligence sharing /again/, because motormouth is stupidly and /unnecessarily/ endangering us /again/.

"Doanld Trump has said he will call Theresa May "right now" after she criticised him over his "unhelpful" speculation over the Parsons Green terror attack.

The Prime Minister delivered a stern rebuke after the US President claimed the perpetrators responsible for the Parsons Green tube bombing were known to police.

Mrs May said that such an accusation was not ?helpful? and that the police and security services are working to ascertain the ?full circumstances? surrounding the attack."

Tom Gardner

rote:

ote:

:

cure, thin-skinned and undiplomatic. But stranger things have happened.

o were trying to prevent him from getting the nomination? That wasn't becau se they wanted it themselves (for the most part), it's because they genuinl y believed he wasn't fit for office.

Yet he hasn't drained the swamp. He's only brought in his family, other pol iticians and people previously in powerful positions (Tillerson, Mnuchin, P ai). Not all these guys are bad, but 'draining the swamp' is difficult to q uantify.

ose fears are playing out.

Tax reform is good. Some of Trump's goals are good. Right now I'm having tr ouble believing he'll achieve any of it because he's so combative.

east is behaving like he does. A president is supposed to be diplomatic, we ll-read, and open to new ideas. Is it any wonder his approval rating fell s o low so early in his term, or that the turnover at the WH is so high? I m ean really, this isn't a political issue. I didn't care for GW Bush, but he at least he didn't have all these personality issues. You can make up all the excuses you want about polls being wrong, "liberal media", but his beha vior speaks for itself.

overt about it and weren't the mental case Trump is.

nothing to do with his policies, it's his behavior that gets me.

And global warming may turn out to be wildly successful.

Look, anything is possible. But if this guy is so smart he would have gotte n more done by now. He's got a majority Repub congress and yet what's he ac hieved in nearly 8 months? The Republicans aren't "out to get him" or "back stabbers". They want to get reelected too, but you can't work with a guy li ke this.

Mark my word, Trump is going down as the worst president in modern history. He has record low poll numbers, insults everyone, can't get along with his own staff and party, is potentially in legal trouble both as president and involving his businesses, is is beginning to piss off his own base.

You're ever the optimist. Or denialist. Seems Trump is making more enemies than friends. That's not the way to get what you want. It might work initia lly but not long term.

Reply to
lonmkusch

ideas.

o.

ump does in public, I'd be having meetings with HR, or fired. Crooked Hilla ry, Little Katy, Little Marco, Lyin Ted, Low Energy Jeb, Crazy Bernie. Call ing Alicia Machado "Miss Piggy", then falsely claiming there was a sex tape of her. Claiming Mika Brzezinski was bleeding from a bad face lift. It goe s on and on.

respect for others. I'm not going to fault anyone for a random snide remark , but this goes much, much further than that.

himpanzee-behavior

Absolutely. I'm at a loss to describe what Trump's appeal is. It's not that I disagree with all of his policies. I disagree with his behavior. I'm all for quirky, eccentric, or unconventional people. But I'm not ok with someo ne who's chronically disrespectful and flings personal insults like it's ca ndy at a parade. My only guess are that voters don't want to admit he's the ir guy, or there's some primal thing going on like the chimp behavior.

Reply to
lonmkusch

ideas.

o.

ump does in public, I'd be having meetings with HR, or fired. Crooked Hilla ry, Little Katy, Little Marco, Lyin Ted, Low Energy Jeb, Crazy Bernie. Call ing Alicia Machado "Miss Piggy", then falsely claiming there was a sex tape of her. Claiming Mika Brzezinski was bleeding from a bad face lift. It goe s on and on.

respect for others. I'm not going to fault anyone for a random snide remark , but this goes much, much further than that.

himpanzee-behavior

Absolutely. I'm at a loss to describe what Trump's appeal is. It's not that I disagree with all of his policies. I disagree with his behavior. I'm all for quirky, eccentric, or unconventional people. But I'm not ok with someo ne who's chronically disrespectful and flings personal insults like it's ca ndy at a parade. My only guess are voters that supported him don't want to admit "their guy" is a mental case, or there's some primal thing going on l ike the chimp thing you mention.

Reply to
lonmkusch