OT: On top of the world!

On top of the world!

Thats is pretty high actually, had not seen it do that yet.

Na, it has nine lives...

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

My cat gets on the roof and acts like it can't get down.

I forget about it and somehow it ends up on the ground.

Had a kitten years ago, at 1 am the kids got me up because they heard it making a racket, with the help of a flashlight I found it, at least 35 ft up a pine tree. I told the kids no way I can get it, we'll check it in the morning. It was at the food bowl next morning. Mikek

Reply to
amdx

How much have cat pics and videos added to the market cap of communication satellite and fiber optics companies?

We had one cat that fell of a roof higher than that, landed on a wooden staircase. The vet gave her pain killers and anti-inflammatories and she was OK. I read somewhere that cats can survive hitting dirt at terminal velocity. They skydive flare out on the way down to maximize their wind resistance.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

True. At cat reaches terminal velocity (about 60 mph) rather quickly. For humans, terminal velocity is 120 mph.

Here's the (mostly faked) video: "Skydiving cats cause uproar"

Technical problem: Cat likes to sleep on the laptop keyboard (because it's warm). When the owner lifts the cat so she can use the laptop, the cat grabs the keys with her claws. Lifting the cat destroys from one to four keys. I've replace the keyboard 3 times, and used the old keys to repair broken keys several times. I recommended replacing the cat, but that was deemed unacceptable. Cute, but destructive.

--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com

Try a squirt gun.

Reply to
krw

Survive, yes, but it's quite common for them to get a broken jaw, which would kill them if not set properly.

Reply to
Clifford Heath

I actually called the fire dept one time about cat on roof across the street. They actually came and got it down. I didn't think much of it at the time. Friendly community ?

Greg

Reply to
gregz

The laptop doesn't like water in the keyboard and it is almost impossible to train an older cat. Aversion therapy usually fails and must be repeated endlessly, which rather defeats the purpose. The cat knows how to hide behind the LCD screen or to the side (where there's a warm air exhaust fan) and move back to her nice warm keyboard when it's not occupied.

I mentioned it because it's a keyboard design problem. There should be a specification for keyboards that require that the keys cannot be gripped along the edge by a cat. The Apple style "chicklets" keyboards, as well as many PC keyboards, all quality. However, the previous generation of low profile laptop keyboards, as shown above, fail the cat test badly, and must therefore be banned.

--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com
Jeff Liebermann

probably more fun for them than sitting round waiting for something to catch fire.

--
umop apisdn

Jasen Betts

The purpose is to remove the cat without damaging the keyboard, a mist sprayer with window cleaner can be used to clean the display and to repel felines.

--
umop apisdn

Jasen Betts

You just need to have a better aim. ...or a better laptop.

Old wives tale.

It's not even necessary to train the cat. If you're not trying to pull her (it is a her ;-) off the keyboard, she's not going to pull your keycaps off.

LOL!

Reply to
krw

Window cleaner isn't great for LCD screens.

Reply to
krw

A mist sprayer lacks the range and power of a concentrated stream. The cat will move when sprayed, but return as soon as convenient.

Most window cleaner contains ammonia which will etch, streak, and ruin an LCD screen. I use no-ammonia window cleaners:

Some sites claim that cleaners containing alcohol(s) are a bad idea, but I've had no problems:

The rag is also important. I use Costco's microfiber rags:

--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com
Jeff Liebermann

On a sunny day (18 Apr 2014 00:14:51 GMT) it happened Jasen Betts wrote in :

I Wasa Thinkin Get A Mouse.

Maybe design an electronic one?

That should get its attention :-)

Ir reproduce that sound that I hear sometimes at night of cats making love, bet its on the internet, speaker in other room?

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

Place a saucer with a paper towel soaked with household ammonia solution on top of the keyboard when you are away. Later you may get away with just placing it next to the keyboard.

?-)

Reply to
josephkk