OT: Nokia for sale

I am selling my Nokia, I want nothing to do with them anymore:

:-)

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

Geez, and Nokia had been doing so well for awhile, with Maemo/MeeGo... oh well.

No doubt Microsoft made them an offer they couldn't refuse.

Ballmer looks like he's getting ready to rip Elop's head off if he says anything anti-Microsoft. :-)

Reply to
Joel Koltner

On a sunny day (Fri, 11 Feb 2011 10:41:45 -0800) it happened "Joel Koltner" wrote in :

I predicted disaster (here )when they went and bought Qt (Trolltech). Qt 4 is total bloat. Now they will fix it with more MS bloat ???

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

On a sunny day (Fri, 11 Feb 2011 10:41:45 -0800) it happened "Joel Koltner" wrote in :

I predicted disaster (here) when they went and bought Qt(Trolltech):

Jan Panteltje

It seems Nokia will be moving out of a business AGAIN. What's next after paper, rubber, cables, telephony systems, TVs, PMR, mobile phones?

I've been to Nokia a few times. The Finnish people I worked with called Finland 'the land of the lost wars'. They always got run over.

nico@nctdevpuntnl (punt=.)
Nico Coesel

Burn it, with your Linux disks.

Teflon coated.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

I am selling my Nokia, I want nothing to do with them anymore:

:-)

I have tried Motorola a few times, Samsung and Eriksson. Believe me stick with the cheap Nokia. They run circles around the $400 other brand garbage.

mike

Reply to
m II

On a sunny day (Fri, 11 Feb 2011 17:00:55 -0500) it happened "m II" wrote in :

I had Siemens, I do not see much difference in reception, and I am at the end of the range. I also can connect with a Huawei GSM modem, (for internet) or a Nokia as modem, and it has almost the same sensitivity, the Nokia is perhaps a bit more sensitive. And I have a simple Nokia I use all the time, and a more complicated one with internet and stuff, but I would never buy one with a MS bloat OS. So, very basically, they lost a customer.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

more sensitive.

internet

I sincerely hope you will buy a Bamboo Touch tablet with the proceeds so that we can read your schematics. {:-D

Reply to
Werner

Partnering with Microsoft is like going to bed with a hungry lion.

People are referring to the deal as "an alliance of losers." Both their stock share prices went down.

OK, survey: how many people want to run Windows on their phone? On their oscilloscope?

John

One of the principal reasons I use Blackberry phones is that their security design is excellent. It was big news recently when somebody figured out how to crack a password-protected Blackberry *backup file*, but nobody's done it with the BB itself, or its secure communications. No way am I using a Droid or some nasty Windows thing for e-commerce or checking my bank balance.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal

http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

Werner the Blind:

I have considered taking the server offline to save you the suffering, I cannot maintain a special facility for the visual and otherwise disabled. :-)

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

We can at least buy you a crayon sharpener.

John

On a sunny day (Sat, 12 Feb 2011 09:24:55 -0800) it happened John Larkin wrote in :

I appreciate that, John, really. However I uses a refillable pencil with a HB lead in it, those need no sharpening. I only use real pencils for woodwork.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

I draw with Berol Turquoise F pencils on D-size blue grid vellum. And I have an electric pencil sharpener and an electric eraser.

I find that I think a lot better if I draw, rather than use CAD entry. It's more fun, too.

ftp://jjlarkin.lmi.net/Auto.jpg

ftp://jjlarkin.lmi.net/RainyDay.jpg

John

I once saw a commercial where some police car was cruising through the sleazy district of town, and they were having some kind of problem. Some gang punk who was probably an informer came up to the car and said, "Well, you have to reboot, and press F8 to get to the options....

Did those Toyotas with the "stuck accelerator" problems have 'doze on their car control computers?

I've even heard that they had 'doze on some ship, and it crashed and the whole ship was essentially dead in the water.

I think when Bill Gates envisioned worldwide file sharing and running stuff on other people's computers and stuff, he simply had no idea that there are bad people in the world.

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Why do you need "security" on a freakin' telephone?

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

In OZ a cop can stop you and examine your phone without a warrant (I don't know if it is legal but they actually do it - I have seen it happen). They read you address list, messages and any notes you made to yourself like pin numbers and credit card details. Oh, and some of that stuff criminals would like too.

Reply to
David Eather

Right! My cell phone rings when I get calls, and I can call people. That's all it does. I had Verizon specifically turn everything else off.

John

Almost enough. I don't mind getting/sending text messages when text messages cost $0.75 and a 3 minute phone call costs $30 and a mere Gig of data costs at least $3000 (overseas roaming).

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany