OT: No chicken-COP here...

rg:

which you can protect the cochlear with headphones and ear-muffs, but you don't want to think about that, do you ...

loud music exposure. The present randomized clinical trial adds proof to t he scarce evidence and knowledge on this topic, which is a growing global p roblem.

plugs and ear muffs used together is even better.

of acoustic trauma - and a good deal louder than the peak intensity of loud music.

you to the obvious conclusion.

t gun noise and where asked to point to some studies that show that, not th at loud noises can cause hearing damage, we all know that.

nice cop-out ...

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

.org:

e:

to which you can protect the cochlear with headphones and ear-muffs, but yo u don't want to think about that, do you ...

er loud music exposure. The present randomized clinical trial adds proof to the scarce evidence and knowledge on this topic, which is a growing global problem.

ar plugs and ear muffs used together is even better.

s of acoustic trauma - and a good deal louder than the peak intensity of lo ud music.

g you to the obvious conclusion.

nst gun noise and where asked to point to some studies that show that, not that loud noises can cause hearing damage, we all know that.

But a sensible one. He had the motivation to do the research. I don't.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

e his hearing, and he has a touching faith that the ear protection he uses will actually protect his hearing. It's called wishful thinking, except tha t thinking doesn't come into it.

Bill wants to keep on believing that ear protection does not work. But can not come up with anything to substantiate his childish belief.

Dan

Reply to
dcaster

age his hearing, and he has a touching faith that the ear protection he use s will actually protect his hearing. It's called wishful thinking, except t hat thinking doesn't come into it.

an not come up with anything to substantiate his childish belief.

Of course it works - to some extent - but not well enough to let you practi ce on the rifle range at regular intervals without damaging your hearing.

It's this quantitative thinking that Dan can't manage - for him hearing pro tection either works, or it doesn't. The concept that it might slow - rathe r than eliminate - certain sorts of hearing damage is much too complicated for him.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

rg:

ote:

t to which you can protect the cochlear with headphones and ear-muffs, but you don't want to think about that, do you ...

fter loud music exposure. The present randomized clinical trial adds proof to the scarce evidence and knowledge on this topic, which is a growing glob al problem.

ear plugs and ear muffs used together is even better.

des of acoustic trauma - and a good deal louder than the peak intensity of loud music.

ing you to the obvious conclusion.

ainst gun noise and where asked to point to some studies that show that, no t that loud noises can cause hearing damage, we all know that.

iow, you looked everywhere but couldn't find any research that said what you wanted it to say

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

That's more like it! The man talks complete balderdash.

Cursitor Doom

If there were no one in his forest, would Slowman still make noise? I propose an experiment.

Reply to
krw

.org:

ent to which you can protect the cochlear with headphones and ear-muffs, bu t you don't want to think about that, do you ...

after loud music exposure. The present randomized clinical trial adds proo f to the scarce evidence and knowledge on this topic, which is a growing gl obal problem.

th ear plugs and ear muffs used together is even better.

sodes of acoustic trauma - and a good deal louder than the peak intensity o f loud music.

ading you to the obvious conclusion.

against gun noise and where asked to point to some studies that show that, not that loud noises can cause hearing damage, we all know that.

I did a quick Google search, found paper which said enough, and left it at that.

The US government has put a blanket ban on spending federal money on lookin g at the health consequences of owning guns so the chances of finding somet hing better aren't great. A specific search for hearing protectors for shoo ting found a lot of ads for hearing protection - with an emphasis on electr onic noise cancelling which is more expensive, but useless against superson ic shock waves - and nothing that wasn't obviously commercial.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

Not exactly true. If it were balderdash - of the far right sort - Cursitor Doom would like it, and fail to recognise it as balderdash.

Anybody who takes the Daily Mail and Russian Today seriously, clearly can't recognise balderdash when he sees it, and his judgement about characterising other information sources as misleading has to be less than reliable.

If he thought that my output wasn't balderdash I'd have something to worry about.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

Krw illustrates the futility of that approach.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to