OT: Neoliberalism now seen as 'uncool' among the young

Except when there's an ever-increasing number of customers competing for a limited number of slots who feel the purchase of said product is as non-negotiable as (for most Americans) a home or car. That is, the belief is without the product you don't ever get the home or car.

Reply to
bitrex

There are limits to the last sentence, of course. Using a toilet to shit is something everyone tells you to do that most everyone does; you're free to shit behind your couch if you like but I doubt one's friends will ever be impressed with that kind of anti-establishment "statement" (unless you're GG Allin.)

Being a 20-something far-right white nationalist may feel edgy at the time but it's one of those things, like getting 6 tattoos and starting a garage punk band, that I'd bet most kids (who don't get murdered by some other far-right faction) tend to regret wasting time on later in life. At least the tattooed punk musician might have learned an employable skill.

Also it's amusing how the right has fallacy-of-excluded-middled itself and set itself up as being the great anti-globalist heros of the common man. lol to anyone who buys that line; the mainstream right (which Trump is a fully bought-and-paid-for subsidiary of now) does nothing but lick corporate globalist boot all day long.

Reply to
bitrex

Mind you the "alt-right" isn't any different they're just willing to turn tricks for nickels and quarters instead of actual dollars.

Reply to
bitrex

There's another factor. Not having a degree provides an easy quantitative way for HR-droids to filter out potential employees; "I got the best qualified person for the job".

Is that sensible or justifiable? No, of course not.

Is it real? Yes, when the gatekeeping is done by HR-drones.

(Hmm. Is HR-droid or HR-drone more appropriate?)

Reply to
Tom Gardner

Where it usually goes - into the salaries of over-paid administrators, and the money they pay to "consultants" to implement their hare-brained schemes for ever more computerised systems of administration.

Read "Parkinson's Law". It pre-dates computers - or a least office computers - but it gets the broad outline.

I did read the original book - the Wikipedia article is just a link that others can follow.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

product,

They are clearly drones. There's nothing mechanical about them - the decisi ons they make could be made more consistently by a robot, but robots that c an do voice recognition (even of the minimal kind that HR drones can manage ) and read hand-written texts are much too expensive.

There are competent people in personnel and human relations, but they are e xtremely rare. You'd think that the consequences of consistently rejecting good people (which is what the human relations departments that I know abou t did) would be fatal but happily they aren't powerful enough to stop regul ar managers from hiring good people.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

"Globalism" and "Cultal Marxism" are both fantasies of the demented right,. You've got to be as silly as Cursitor Doom to think that they are real, or that anybody would bother kicking back against them.

The establishment is still making money the way it always did. There have always been youngsters who tried to distinguish themselves from their fellows by aping their elders, rather than rebelling against them.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

A decent number of companies use expert system resume-panopticons ("ATS software") to keyword/context scan submissions before they ever reach a human

Reply to
bitrex

If both people were blasted, who molested whom?

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

e:

e product,

cisions they make could be made more consistently by a robot, but robots th at can do voice recognition (even of the minimal kind that HR drones can ma nage) and read hand-written texts are much too expensive.

That's going to work really well. That kind of system would work out that I haven't got any formal qualification in electronics, and would reject me b efore it got the Senior Member of the IEEE bit.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

How much like climate models are ATS software?

(ducking)

John

Reply to
John Robertson

The only person I rejected outright years ago, when I worked in the capacity of HR department (briefly) for a small online retailer, was the applicant who had "OBJECTION" instead of "OBJECTIVE" on their cover letter. I mean yeah I object to this job too but sorry...

Reply to
bitrex

Administration. Real estate.

Reply to
krw

That's where marketing comes into play. Cheaper isn't better, though popular may be.

Reply to
krw

PS: the only person the social justice crew at my liberal arts college enjoyed protesting against more than Bush II or Trump now was, back in the 1990s, "Big Willie Style" Clinton.

Reply to
bitrex

I've come across two, and only two, really good HR people/departments. They were worth their weight in gold.

Most HR-drones are only worried about their own (corporate) mortality. That's most likely to occur if: - they "let in" non-standard candidates that subsequently prove problematic - they flood hiring managers with useless CVs

Of course they are incompetent to define the latter.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

"Evil HR department" is one word, like "crazy Russian". ;)

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

Interesting how you conflate Conservatism with far-right white Nationalism! It's an indication of how brainwashed younger people have become due to listening to the unchallenged opinions of people like Bill Sloman whilst at the same time lacking the crucial faculty of critical thinking.

Cursitor Doom

If Cursitor Doom could do critical thinking, he might have noticed how many Conservatives fit into the far-right white nationalist strait-jacket.

Boris Johnson was certainly nervous about immigration into the UK when he w as campaigning for Brexit, though he has become more relaxed now that he ha s got a job in the cabinet and has to toe a more rational line as well as t alk to foreigners whom he wants to take him seriously

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to