OT: need to find articles re Sprint cell phone hacking lawsuit

I vaguely remember seeing in some NG that someone hacked cell phones, and that Sprint was the "target" or base of operations, and that there was some serious back pedaling in court when it came out that some Sprint operations had been compromised. I would appreciate it if someone could provide links to the progress of that lawsuit (newspaper articles, etc) at minimum. Google was not exactly a good source. I hope i remembered correctly that it was Sprint...

Reply to
Robert Baer

Robert Baer wrote in news:kD%fi.975$ snipped-for-privacy@newsread4.news.pas.earthlink.net:

there was mention of a cellphone hacking on FoxNews website today,but,IIRC, nothing about any court cases. a stalker actually tapped into a cellphone and copied pics and recorded conversations while the CP was in use.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

On the FoxNews site, "cell phone stalker" gave me a useful "hit" (Feds: Linkin Park Fan Hacks Phone Data) but not what i was looking for. I *do* appreciate the comment; if you were thinking of something different, i would appreciate any help.

Reply to
Robert Baer

Was it this story Jim?

regards,

IanM

Reply to
IanM

"IanM" wrote in news:46822d28$0$8747$ed2619ec@ptn-nntp- reader02.plus.net:

Yes,isn't that freaky? I would like to know what CPs are vulnerable to that sort of hacking.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

This is another good lead and very helpful. Thanks. (not what i was looking for, but "on target" for my needs)

Reply to
Robert Baer

Well, if i remember correctly, the Sprint guy was able to do "anything" after he tapped into their control center: make calls from CP1 to CP2 look like they were from anywhere seemed to be the predominate MO, but he might have even been able to scramble the billing records also...

Reply to
Robert Baer

Hi Robert,

This is where I read about it, you may find the comments useful :-

regards,

IanM

Reply to
IanM