OT: Need parallel interface card

I need an ISA parallel interface board,the older the better - preferably a genuine IBM PC/XT type from the 1980's. They made two: one that was printer only, and the other had video included. A different brand is OK; some of the ICs used were: 74LS374, 74LS174,

74LS155, 74LS245, 74LS244, 74LS240 and other small gates ('02, '05, '86, etc). The printer only version is ideal. If you have various types, please let me know.
Reply to
Robert Baer

I have an old Leading Edge computer circa 1984 that has very old interface cards, including a Hercules (clone) Monochrome Graphics card with printer port, and I still have the original text only monochrome printer card, loaded with TTL. I also may still have a bag of old multi I/O cards. The old computer is complete and operable, with a 20 mB MFM hard disk and 5-1/4 floppy drive, and a motherboard with dip switches for BIOS settings. It was slated for the scrap/recycle pile. Any and all can be yours for the cost of shipping. I have lots of other surplus components. See my website for a partial listing.

-- Paul E. Schoen, President P S Technology, Inc. Cockeysville, MD 21030

Paul E. Schoen

The multi I/O cards are too new for alteration, the Hercules card is a "maybe" and that original printer card is aceptable. I remember the original PC well, as i bought one about 6 months after IBM came out with the PC/XT; cost me over $6,000 for the whole thing (monitor, full 64K on the motherboard, ASYNC card, FDD card and two single-sided floppies). Upgraded to dual sided floppies whenthey came out, and added a 512K memory card when some add-on company started to make all kinds of better daughterboards than IBM ("better" here means less expensive amd more hardware per card).

Reply to
Robert Baer