OT: Need code to get links to work

Just added some social links to my website

and neither Tumblr nor LinkedIn work. Help please?

Reply to
Robert Baer

You also have the text for the 2nd icon from the left mangled. It says "Twitter" but should be "Pinterest".

The reason the Tumblr link doesn't work is that the Oil4Less account doesn't seem to exist. I searched Tublr for "Oil4Less" and didn't find anything. Same problem for LinkedIn. I suggest you log *OUT* of LinkedIn and search for your account as if you were a visitor. When you find it, cut-n-paste the URL in the browser.

--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com

Yes, i discovered that typo and fixed it. I do have accounts in/for both. Unfortunately, if i do the simple-minded thing of using that plain LinkedIn.com, i find i am logged in; made zero difference even clearing cache and its cookie (browser logged to DuckDuckGo), closing and re-opening). After more fiddling, i think it is a little better; my code is:

Reply to
Robert Baer

Good idea: It's "badges" under "Edit My Public Profile".

Or, just use the full URL as was originally asked. Something like mine:

--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com
Jeff Liebermann

Reply to
Robert Baer

  • "Badges" does not exist. I had to login then copy & paste the URL above; extremely intuitive and obvious *NOT*. Then there is yet another problem: that "badge" is for me (years ago i tried LinkedIn) and do not see one for Oil 4 Less(R) LLC - which i prefer.
  • So, which was NOT asked but is my login/username might work?

Reply to
Robert Baer

The URL or button should NOT ask for your login name and password. It should work exactly the same as my link at: which does NOT ask for a name or password.

Note the numbers after my name in the URL. That's what's needed to make this work. I searched LinkedIn for various Oil4less combinations and found nothing. I also tried "Robert Baer" and didn't find you. By replacing spaces with hyphens, I found this, which looks right: However, to be sure, could I trouble you for the exact name, including any spaces or punctuation?

--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com
Jeff Liebermann

Wrong Oil 4 Less. I find that what i wanted is totally trashed in LinkedIn. I tried to create something for Oil 4 Less(R) LLC and it all went into something i created ages ago (maybe 5-8 years) for me. So, the link is .

Reply to
Robert Baer

gets me logged in automatically.

On your linkedin 'edit profile' page you should see a text line under your 'photo' of the html link to your public profile. This is the web page that is google searchable, etc.

There is no guarantee that it will not change at some time....

RL

Reply to
legg