OT: My thoughts exactly...

Yes. Later on, there would be two (or more) prices at the pump: attendant pumps, you pump, cash, credit.

...Jim Thompson

             I'm looking for work... see my website.

Thinking outside the box...producing elegant & economic solutions.

[snip]

My cars over the years:

1950 Nash (Rambler?, "upside-down bath-tub") 1953 Hudson Jet (my first 4-banger) 1953 Packard Patrician 1961 Renault Dauphine (1st car bought new) All the following bought new: 1964 Dodge Dart 1966 Toyota Corolla 1967 Mercury Cougar 1968 Thunderbird (freebie from Philco-Ford employment) 1977 Ford LTD 1977 280Z 1983 Maxima 1983 280ZX 1996 Q45 2001 Frontier Pick-em-up Truck (still own) 2005 Q45 (still own)

"Smart" phones: ZERO >:-} ...Jim Thompson

             I'm looking for work... see my website.

Thinking outside the box...producing elegant & economic solutions.
[snip]

The 'benefit' of 'living' in Massa2shits >:-} ...Jim Thompson

| 1962 |

I'm looking for work... see my website.

Thinking outside the box...producing elegant & economic solutions.

Ah cool!, the first car I can remember was the family nash. Hated the smell of the cloth interior.

Reply to
sdy

Or in quest of the perfect place to park.

Reply to
krw

Yeah, you whack off to the Internet. You don't have to bother with an actual relationship.

That's why we have a huge heroin problem. Idiot.

Reply to
krw

And it's even cheaper (in real terms) today.

Credit?

Then there's New Jersey.

Reply to
krw

Heroin isn't an epidemic among teens, it's an epidemic among working-class white men, who need to Just Say No and get the f*ck off the dope

Reply to
bitrex

Not to mention engine rebuilds, keeping you up half the night so you could go out and drive it the next day. Kids learned valuable life skills back then and saved a fortune on repairs. Build up a tool kit over the years and the same skills can be used to fix just about everything around the home.

Still do all maintenance here, though I might balk at pulling engines out and rebuilding now. Helps keep me fit and more confident about the quality of work, though crawling under a car in winter doesn't seem like as much fun as it used to be :-)...

Chris

Reply to
Chris

Providence is Rhode Island, another dump.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

in

New Jersey forbids self-service, an attendant has to pump your gas. An inte rnet article says Oregon is the same, dunno for sure. The ban is good, I do n't like the idea of morons touching the volatile fluid dispensers, and I'm pretty sure they don't have much of a problem with CC skimmers installed o n the pumps. Any law that prohibits morons from touching stuff is a good th ing.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

We've had self service in the uk for decades and there have been no disasters, so what's different about the US ?...

Chris

Reply to
Chris

internet article says Oregon is the same, dunno for sure. The ban is good, I don't like the idea of morons touching the volatile fluid dispensers, and I'm pretty sure they don't have much of a problem with CC skimmers install ed on the pumps. Any law that prohibits morons from touching stuff is a goo d thing.

They're hard on the machines and break them all the time. The business is n ot required to hire competent people who take care of them and know how to do complicated stuff like ensure the machines are functional and have a sup ply of paper. Criminals can't get close enough to the machines to install s kimmers.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

Including Blobby's keyboard.

Reply to
krw

Nothing. We do have Blobby, so there is some increased risk of disaster.

Reply to
krw

It's a disaster waiting to happen, though. Nothing to stop some Muslim from just taping up the pump handle and leave it spewing volatile juice all down the road. Then lighting it. I'm surprised it hasn't already happened.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

New Jersey and Oregon are leftist states where the government dominates all aspects of your life. ...Jim Thompson

             I'm looking for work... see my website.

Thinking outside the box...producing elegant & economic solutions.

Rhode Island's Demopublicans consistently stuck to their guns of white-knighting for business interests, and have been consistently rewarded with much higher-than-average unemployment for their loyalty.

Reply to
bitrex

By comparison the Arizona government only dominates every aspect of the lives of anyone who isn't wealthy.

Reply to
bitrex

The village idiot bloviates while chewing on bird-cage-liner. Arizona is probably one of the least, if not the least (though I suspect Texas is the least), regulating states.

Would you please cite, rather than bloviating?

Massa2shits is probably the _most_ intrusive on personal rights (I once was issued a citation in Cambridge for working on Sunday). ...Jim Thompson