OT: MPlab error message (sometimes)

On rare and ranDUMB occasions, i get to see: "PICErr0037:Timed out waiting for response from PICkit3." "Programming failed."

At that point, the system is useless. If i unplug the PCkit3 and remove power from the target board and wait long enough (1 minute roughly seems to do),re-connect everything, then i am good to go (at least until next time).

Whaaaa?

Reply to
Robert Baer

Similar thing happens with the ICD2 in a USB 2.0 port. Restart MPLAB and continue. But, it works better in a USB 3.0 port. ;)

Martin Riddle

Humpf! or RATS! Have a 2.0 port..

Reply to
Robert Baer

Some people have good results with a PICKit3. I haven't. Fortunately, an ICD3 was laying around, and I use that now.

If you dig deep enough, I suspect you'll find you have the Wrong Sort of USB Spigot on the host computer in question.

Others have had problems solved by not using USB hubs. I am not one of them.

--
Les Cargill
Reply to

Are you running your PicKit3 through a USB hub?

Mine would act up all the time when connected through a hub, but if I plug it directly into the PC, it is *almost* perfectly reliable.

--
RoRo
Reply to

Good point; someone else mentioned that a USB 3.0 would be better than my 2.0.

Reply to
Robert Baer

Thanks to good favors, the PICkit3 is directly connected. Which means that i would have *more* problems if it went thru a hub.

Thanks for the info.

Reply to
Robert Baer