OT: Mouse Action Reassignments.

Is there a program that will reassign mouse actions?

I'd like the following (Window-specific to PSpice Schematics)...

Mouse wheel forward one click, send ,,

Mouse wheel reverse one click, send ,,

...Jim Thompson

Jim Thompson wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

It can do that easily and more on a program specific basis. I strongly reccomend using it with a 5 button mouse as it lets you set up a button as a 'shift' key to select a different set of actions for the other buttons, which vastly increases the number of actions you can customise without loosing the default click and right-click actions that nearly every windows program needs.

--
Ian Malcolm.   London, ENGLAND.  (NEWSGROUP REPLY PREFERRED)
[at]=@, [dash]=- & [dot]=. *Warning* HTML & >32K emails --> NUL

Thanks, Ian! I have an old Logitech M510 that I love, with Left-Wheel-Right plus two on the left side I've haven't used to the point I forgot they existed... maybe I should learn to use them ;-) ...Jim Thompson

Sure can..

Lay a transparent window over the window of your choice, dock it with that window so that it moves along with the window of your choice. Capture mouse movements and insert keys into the keyboard buffer when ever the desired state is detected.

Pspice would need to run from a parent program of course so that it can properly initiate itself and monitor the actions of Pspice..

For this, I could almost do this with my eyes closed, well, If I had some one taking instructions and doing it for me I most likely could do it with my eyes closed :)

Jamie

Reply to
Maynard A. Philbrook Jr.

On Sat, 29 Nov 2014 15:06:21 -0700, Jim Thompson Gave us:

You can buy a keyboard extension device, which gamers use to add keystrokes together, or they have 'gaming' keyboards that do it as well.

Logitech was the first, but there are many now. Not cheap either though.

I use both a G19 and a G25 keyboard, and I also have a Belkin brand (good brand for PC gear) 'Nostromo' Gaming keypad, called a "speedpad". Looks like the G13 is the thing though.

It even shows what song you are playing, and beats all the programmable mice for that alone, as they are all overpriced.

This was not bad at $38. I want one as a companion for my keyboards.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

On Sat, 29 Nov 2014 18:36:43 -0500, "Maynard A. Philbrook Jr." Gave us:

The "recorder" that came with Xp and the like allowed one to record ALL actions in a session, including exact mouse position info for perfect playback. I do not know if it still exists or not.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Bah, real programmers don't need monitors...

--

Rick
Reply to

It still exist but I've never found a use for it, it's more for monitoring messages of the keyboard, mouse etc..

JournalPlayBack and JournalRecord.

One can define a Hot Key to spit out a series of what you need. I've also done that too.

Jamie

Reply to
Maynard A. Philbrook Jr.

Have you ever tried one of these? I use one, along with the mouse for several programs. You can custom program the functions for different programs. Drivers for Windows or Mac are on their website.

have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Thanks so much, Ian, XMouseButtonControl works fantastically!

That completes my need for "keyboard aggravation removal" from common activities in PSpice Schematics... my tools...

XMouseButtonControl gives me zoom in and out with the wheel instead of ctrl-I/O plus left mouse click

ScrollNavigator lets me pan by right-clicking and dragging rather than having to use the scroll bars

MacroExpress provides all the common fill-in the blanks needs... like, while inside the title block, the INSERT key fills in the date and time (in PSpice, in Firefox I use InFormEnter)

ClipPath grabs the full filename _with_path_ from a directory and places it on the clipboard

GetData Graph Digitizer grabs X-Y data points from a datasheet graph... nice for quicky PWL's or for behavioral model development ...Jim Thompson

I don't think it can easily be done with the wheel. It's a shaft encoder connected directly to the chip inside the mouse, which produces "key codes". The clicks are produced by a mechanical detent which has no direct correlation to the shaft encoder pulses. I don't think there's a way to intercept a single pulse.

I think you might do better with a bottom of the line gamers joystick, which has switch contacts for each of the 4 axis (not the type which uses potentiometers). The switch contacts can be programmed to send whatever string you find useful. Oddly, I found several programs that will emulate a single key stroke, but not several keystrokes as you require: If it will only do a single keystroke, then perhaps a macro recorder program might be a useful addition. Something like this:

--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com

Naaah! Ian provided the solution...

From: Jim Thompson Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.basics Subject: Re: OT: Mouse Action Reassignments. Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2014 10:24:16 -0700 Message-ID:

Works a peach! ...Jim Thompson

THANKS AGAIN! XMouseButtonControl is one mighty useful utility! As I get used to its "Layer" scheme I'm cranking out mouse shortcuts by the bucket-load ;-) ...Jim Thompson

Now all you need to do is remember them all ...

Reply to
pedro

talking of reassignment, my mice used to have balls. Not anymore...

NT

Reply to
meow2222

Did you get that backwards? Did your balls have mice and you called an exterminator? :)

Reply to
John S

that's gender reassignment?

Reply to