OT: more evidence of AGW scam

if all the pro-life climate skeptics out there were busily researching alternative climate models which disprove AGW, in between caring for their adopted children, they'd have no time to talk so much they'd be far too busy.

Reply to
bitrex

I'm glad I have your approval. Obviously you believe what you want irrespective of the evidence.

--

  Rick C.

  -- Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
Rick C

Timescales that transcend species identity, or humanity's existence, and far outstrip civilizations and societies, are the wrong ones for climate change; the so-called scientist needs to pay more attention to the order of magnitude (at least) on his time axis, lest he make a fool of himself again. Modern humanity has a severe problem, and these remarks are observations by a blind fool.

Reply to
whit3rd

Climate change is real, happening now, and poses a severe strain on the biosphere; all the food we need is from fish, fields , flocks, and when that life is in danger, so is ours.

We can remove the immediate change-> CO2 has certainly increased, and most of that is man-made, but it

'much'? Numbers? The credible caltulations say it's a big hit, though of course it's not the only greanhouse gas we humans vent (some of the chlorinated refrigerants of yesteryear, for instance).

Reply to
whit3rd

Which of these are severe problems?

lunatic fringe electronics

So, you do agree at least that that scientist is a fool?

that's not a problem, it's a graph. It seems to show benefits of thermostat controlled heat/air conditioning. Honeywell ought to be proud. Or maybe it's more about fiberglass insulation? Owens-Corning deserves a medal, too.

that's not a problem either; population/market growth means it's worthwhile doing more mineral/fertilizer/premium-seed purchases to boost crops from limited cultivation area. If the additives/fallow times aren't maintained, the soil gets to be worthless after too much cultivation, though.

what does leaf area mean to you? Weeds used to be smaller? Folk have stopped cutting trees for firewood? Compensation for efficiency diminished by smog? If the cedars of Lebanon were coming back, that'd be notable for species diversity. Lignum vitae, Bermuda cedar, pink ivory... be nice to see those rebound.

Yeah, less pollution in the US because my fireplace hasn't burned wood in thirty years (and that contributes to the greenery of the 'leaf area' plot).

That's just silly; production per capita might be interesting, but recall that all grasslands have 'produced grain', for millennia, alongside of human harvest.

Reply to
whit3rd

At least in Europe, the main problem is that the media has been spreading climate hysteria. Especially teenagers have taken part in large demonstrations, some running a demonstration outside the parliament every Friday afternoon. Politicians have jumped on the AGW bandwagon, in the parliament of Finland 8 out of 9 parties demand carbon neutrality before the EU is ready to do so. They also demand stopping eating meat, since meat production harms the climate.

Saying something negative in public about feminism or LGBT and you will be crushed in the social media.

From this it is not a long time before activists starts to physically harm sceptical people or their property.

Reply to
upsidedown

He says "let me tell you in a few short words" and then follows up with a ten paragraph Gish Gallop.

Reply to
bitrex

You may be aware that in nominally free countries all citizens are free to (non-violently) protest, to (non-violently) demand things, to lobby their government for redress of grievances, to elect elected officials who represent their views, etc.

Saying something negative about all sorts of topics will get you "crushed" in the social media. Like try it with umm, saying negative things about Tesla or Elon Musk.

What did you expect? That when you don't have anything nice to say the people you're saying negative things about are going to sit there and nod their heads and say "oh, I see, I see, I understand your position..." Some very relaxed and open-minded ones, may. But are very few true saints of any politics or creed in the world.

that is to say, sweet heavens, honey, get real.

Sounds a bit like a slippery-slope argument. It is sometimes the risk you take for having opinions and telling everyone them, in the real world. Getting beaten, shot, stabbed, or blown up by a bomb by someone who doesn't like 'em very much is a very real risk those "LGBT" people take every day, too, just by existing. so. Looks like you folks got at least one thing in common.

Reply to
bitrex

Naturally I like to consider myself one of the more relaxed and open-minded "leftists" I doubt I'd have hung around in this NG very long if I weren't. By world standards I'm confident I'm pretty middle-of-the-road but perhaps not by American standards.

I'm confident enough to be relatively polite even with people I don't really agree with at all. That's what my post above was - polite. If you think that kind of reply from someone who vehemently doesn't agree with you on something, on social media or otherwise, is rude or mean then you are too sensitive it is normal, not being "crushed."

Reply to
bitrex

If AGW is all an elaborate fraud then I am confident it will come out in the wash and I wouldn't at all feel bad if it were, AGW is real bad news.

No conspiracy or manipulation of that magnitude can last for long. The truth will come out, it will be undeniable, and the downfall for the conspirators will be swift, and terrible.

If the contrary should become undeniable the downfall for the skeptics will also be swift, and terrible.

Reply to
bitrex

When will all those bad things happen? Things look pretty good just now.

People have been making doomsday climate predictions for about 50 years now, and have been wrong, and there was no resulting "downfall."

The predictions of doom are always 10 years out, and can't be disproven. The real proof will the the next ice age, which is inevitable. Meanwhile, life on Earth seems to be improving.

lunatic fringe electronics

Congratulations John. You have proven that rising CO2 and rising temperatures help plants, and global warming is a fact.

Reply to
Steve Wilson

I haven't proven it, but it seems to be so.

Things have warmed up a lot since the last ice age, and a little since the LIA. The temperature record seems to be very noisy.

lunatic fringe electronics

Temmperature IS noise. Energy intensity in random motions is the definition.

That's why all of thermodynamics has the alternate name 'statistical mechanics'.

Reply to
whit3rd

Leftist are jealous of other peoples cars

Reply to
LM

What does your hillbilly welfare ass roll that's so exciting?

Reply to
bitrex

The Finnish study seems to be just that

"If we pay attention to the fact that only a small part of the increased CO

2 concentration is anthropogenic, we have to recognize that the anthropogen ic climate change does not exist in practice."

"By using a 13C inventory change method, we have determined a global ocean

ct estimates."

The extra CO2 that has pushed up the atmospheric content from the 270ppm th at is characteristic of an interglacial (not just this one) to the current

414ppm is all our own work, and respresnets about half the fossil carbomn w e have burnt as fuel since the start of the industrial revolution - the re st is in the oceans.

Even Cursitor Doom should have been aware of that.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

The art of selling people fossil carbon as fuel, and making money from it does seem to involve blinding the gullible to the unfortunate side effects of this business.

The industry spends a lot on denailsit propaganda, and twits like Jan Panteltje, Cursitor doom and John Larkin are too dim to realise that they are being mislead.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

That digging up fossil carbon and selling it as fuel is good thing does seem to be asserted as a matter of dogma.

Scientist do seem to feel free to question this dogma, but true believers, like Cursitor Doom, do seem to see them as dangerous heretics.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to